Chest pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest pain

Postby stodgers » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:31 am

Does anybody suffer with chest pains that are fibro related?

Been suffering for a few weeks now. Got prescribed omaprezole as gp thought it was acid reflux. I thought they were helping but been getting quite a lot the last few days. I did quite a bit of walking whilst pushing a pushchair this week and the pain would flare up quite badly and also when i feel stressed it flares up!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Chest pain

Postby stedavey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:55 am

Yes !!

I have them pains on a day to day basis it happens on most days probably 6 out of 7 to be fair and sometimes worse than others ! Sometimes it makes it feel like I'm having a heart attack and sometimes it's just sore.

My doctor has put me me on lanzoprozol at the moment wich is very similar to omaprezole.

I find that the medication really makes to difference in the pain so weather or not it is the acid causing it I do not no but I do know I have had bad heartburn and reflux in the past !

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby Suzyp » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm

I have had severe chest pain that mimics "heart pain" that goes up to my jaw (my back top teeth) a number of times.
I have had this checked out and it has never been heart related "so far" thank god but it's really scary.
I have also had a dudenal ulcer years ago and it is not the same pain, that is soreness this is like someone is sitting on
your chest and last a sort time then calms down, the ulcer pain never goes until you get the tablets etc.,

Chest pain an be a normal pain for Fibromyalgia sufferers which is unfortunate.

If you need any further info just let me know. Hope you feel better soon. :-x

Suzyp x
Suzyp
UKFM Newbie

Postby frankie23 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

You guys all might seriously want to consider seeing a chiropractor. I had chest pains for about 5 years on and off, I went to A&E, has ECG scans, echos, event monitors and they all found nothing because I had chest pain that went up to my jaw and down my neck and shoulder and it felt really hard to breath and this would last for up to half an hour. Sometimes it only lasted a minute and was a sharp pain, other times it was more dull and in my ribs and back. I went to a different doctor after over a year of tests when the cardiologists couldn't find anything and this doctor said that it was probably a joint out of place in my thoracic spine, around T2/3.

I'd already seen a chiropractor before because I had a joint out of place in my neck that was caused by a joint out of place in the bottom of my back. The chiropractor at the time had said that having fibromyalgia meant that it was more likely for joints to go out of place.

When I went back to see the chiropractor after seeing the doctor he said that there was indeed a joint out of place in my thoracic spine, where the doctor thought it was, and said all the symptoms I had were typical of this, and that lots of people assume it's their hearts because of the chest pain. The joint being out of place puts pressure on nerves that are close to it which is what causes the pain and various things can exacerbate it.

The chiropractor did a treatment and it has been so much better since, I need to go back for a second treatment because I also have hypermobility so I'm doubly at risk of the joints going out of place again.

I know it sounds like way too simple a thing to cause so much pain but I was so worried thinking there was something wrong with my heart for years but all it took was one doctor who luckily knew a lot about joints. My chiropractor said I'm so lucky to have seen a GP who knew about joints because most GPs don't know a thing about joints going out of place which is why I was referred to a cardiologist first.
frankie23
UKFM Newbie

Postby stedavey » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Oh wow that makes so much sense !! I'm going to ask my gp about this the next time I see him or maybe ill mention it to my physiotherapists and they might refer me or give me more infomation ext but to be honest I do have weird back pain too maybe this is all linked

Thanks for that :) :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
stedavey
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia