Re bus passes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re bus passes

Postby debs67 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Has any one tried to claim for a free bus pass or rail travel, I know there is a different procedure if you live in England, I live in Wales .
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: Re bus passes

Postby craftieness » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi Debs I live in England and had no difficulty at all in obtaining a bus pass due to my medical conditions. Best thing is to email or speak to your local council and they should point you in the right direction :lol:
craftieness
UKFM Newbie

Postby aziriphale » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm in scotland, got mine easily

just had a quick google and it looks about the same in wales as it is here, so if you meet the criteria just apply for it

i actually found it better, if its an option to go in and apply rather than sending the form
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:20 am

Hi azi

Could you please attach link
Thanks
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby macca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi, we applied to our local transport authority for a pass for my wife, and we just needed to fill in a form, and ask the GP to fill a section of that in. The only down side was that the GP charged £30 for his input but there you go.

The application was successful and she was granted a 2 year temporary pass, we then re-applied after 2 years and this has now been made permanent.

Our transport authority will consider applications from people who :

(a) are blind or partially sighted; or

(b) are profoundly or severely deaf, or

(c) are without speech; or

(d) have a disability or have suffered an injury which has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to walk; or

(e) do not have arms or you have long-term loss of the use of both arms.

(f) are physically unfit to have a driving licence.

(g) are unfit to have a driving licence because of a mental disorder.

My wife was awarded her pass against (d) above

I'm fairly sure that these criteria are set in the applicable legislation so all transport authorities will probably base their decisions around these.

Good luck,

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby aziriphale » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:38 pm

http://gov.wales/topics/transport/publi ... y/?lang=en

hi this is the link i looked at from what i can tell you need to apply to Arriva for the pass, up here its first bus it tends to be easy enough from my experience

first time i got one, it was based on my having a blue badge had no benefits for my disability at that time, second time recently have PIP and got a companion card which means who ever is travelling with me gets on free as well
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia