Tingly head

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tingly head

Postby stodgers » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Does anybody else have any tingling/weird sensations in their head?

I've often suffered with it over the years but seem to be getting it more and more lately and it's not helping my anxiety which then makes it worse!

I often say I've got a funny head again as i don't even know how to describe it! Just tingly like tiny pin pricks or just very fuzzy feeling.
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Tingly head

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:26 am

Yes it seems to be quite a frequent symptom for me. Most annoying. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby jacson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:46 am

Yes I get this too and sometimes get a cold creeping feeling all over my scalp, with neuralgia type pain on my face. It's a horrible feeling.
Commiserations to you :yikes:
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby lizashfield » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:39 am

I get that too and it makes you feel so out of it. Also get migraines a lot.
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:58 am

is it like having a fizzy drink :twodrinking2: in your head?
just don't shake it :puke:?
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Padster » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:30 pm

I have 4 distinct feelings/noises in my head. High pitch whistle, lower pitched ringing, pounding and fuzziness ... oh and sometimes (more frequently recently) standard old headache (never used to get headaches).

I find I have a very low tolerance to certain noises, what I would call sharp or metallic sounds really hurt my head. I'm always turning the TV down (much to hubby's annoyance!) In the office I just can't focus on anything I'm supposed to be doing and can only hear the conversations going on around me, the sound of people tapping on their keyboards, the photocopier going, phones ringing, papers rustling etc - the noises seem really loud and I know they aren't, they don't bother anyone else, I just can't shut noises out anymore and concentrate on my work. Drives me nuts!
In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog
Padster
UKFM Member

Postby sheppy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 am

Am glad its not just me, my head and face go all tingly and creepy crawly, and the fog flares up, I picked my son up from school yesterday, had to walk, didn't dare to drive when head is like that, tried to have a chat with teacher but what I wanted to say wouldn't come out it was like I was doped up or drunk, the teacher was so lovely and drove me and my son home and picked him up this morning to take him to school which was a god send, only thing am gonna panic and worry when I have to go for pip assessment which is my first time and scared that it will flare up in my head which it does if I get nervous and feel like I will fail it, that's my moaning for the day xxx
sheppy
UKFM Member

Postby jacson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:29 am

Hi sheppy, just a quick tip for you when you go for your PIP assessment, write all your symptoms down and give a brief example of you on a very bad day from when you get out of bed in the morning to when you go to sleep at night and hand a copy to the assessor and explain to him/her that you are giving him this just in case you are on a bad "foggy" day, and so that he can get a clear description of how your fibro affects you, I did this with my assessment and I think it helped quite a lot as I didn't tell him all that I wanted because of being so stressed out by the whole situation. I also took my sister with me as a "back-up" to remember what was said etc. Good luck :-D
jacson
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia