When even breathing is an effort - fatigue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

When even breathing is an effort - fatigue

Postby Beckybecks » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:57 am

Ok that might be a bit of an exaggeration but anyone who suffers from this extreme fatigue will understand what I mean.
So please tell me, how do you cope with it? Because it really scares me feeling this tired.
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Re: When even breathing is an effort - fatigue

Postby Beckybecks » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:24 pm

There were a lot of replies on Facebook to this post but I think most people misunderstood my title. I don't have a breathing problem but was merely trying to stress how absolutely exhausting this fatigue is. I was exaggerating about the effort to breath but I almost do feel that at times even that is too much effort, that's how tired I feel! I was hoping that as so many of you suffer from fatigue, maybe some of you have some coping techniques you'd be happy to share?
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Postby Anuib6 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi, I get extremely fatigue quite often so what I tend to do is go to a quite place,( bedroom). I then listen to a relaxing CD, I have a eating plan one that helps relax all my muscles& body. Although it says I will not be asleep I do nod off & wake up when its finished because its a hypnosis cd it helps mind & body. I use it aa lot when my grandchildren come down on holiday to visit as boy do I get mentally & physically exhausted &after 25m minutes I feel great, ready to start again.
Anuib6
UKFM Member

Postby Suzyp » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Well today was a first for a while but I ate lunch sat and read my book and around 1.00pm I fell asleep and woke up at 5.00pm.
I just could not believe it what happened to my afternoon? I live alone and some days don't talk to anyone and just lately I'm feeling extremely lonely, so sleep is good in one way but wow all afternoon.
At least I wasn't in to much pain today. :sleep:
Suzyp
UKFM Newbie

Postby Beckybecks » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am

To sleep for the whole afternoon sounds wonderful! And your body obviously needed it.
It's now 5.46 in the morning and I've been awake since 3am. I'm tired all the time but can't seem to sleep much.
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Postby angiep469 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 am

Yes I totally get it. The exhaustion takes over and you struggle to get up to go to the toilet never mind anything else.
angiep469
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia