Dims v Sims and Hannah Hauxwell

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dims v Sims and Hannah Hauxwell

Postby changeoflife » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:41 am

Was just wondering how many of you have watched/heard anything about the now widely talked about Dims and Sims? It stands for danger in me or safety in me. Apparently if dims out way sims we will continue to feel pain. It takes a bit of understanding but does sort of seem to make some sense. I'm (or I always considered myself) a bit of a fighter of illness and pain and don't usually take things lying down until this fibro hit and sent me reeling. I read up on all sorts of rubbish in the hope of a bit of a breakthrough. Anyway, my persona has always been 'there are so many others not so fortunate' and funny enough came upon a book about Hannah Hauxwell, given to me by a dear old friend, now sadly gone to better places, called Ben. He came from Kendle, a little village up North and I had the previlege of getting to know this lovely man over his final eight years. He said I somehow reminded him of her (how I just don't know), anyways, rather than read, I thought I'd look her up and watch for myself. I'm sure many of you are aware of her, I'd heard of her but never taken any of my busy time (as I used to be) to sit and absorb about this fantastic lady. Enough rattling on, if you feel up to it take a look about Dims and Sims and then watch A Winter Too Many. A true fighter .
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Re: Dims v Sims and Hannah Hauxwell

Postby tazzajay 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:58 am

:wave:

I have read Hannah's books and seen the prog on TV ages ago.What a woman!!!

Found this and thought others might like to read...

http://noijam.com/2015/03/12/dim-sims/

THANK YOU :-D
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:09 am

Hello taz, :lol: yep, puts me to shame!!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby sue cooper » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 am

I have read all Hannah's books & saw the TV programmes about her too. I live in the Lake District (about 15 miles north of Kendal ! ) Hannah often came to stay both here where I live & in Bowness, haven't heard if she has been recently (is she even still alive?) a most inspirational lady.
Will take a look at Dim v Sim
sue cooper
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:57 am

Google says she is alive and well,89 years old now. :-o
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:20 pm

hi change of life i see you have looked deeper in to the wotk of the NOI and david butler the sims and dims to me are a reverlation
i wad dx with fm in 2011 after years of pain issues , i was abit better after , because the dx was a sim ie i new what was wrong

The noi approch to me is a reverlation that joins up all the dots. embraced i belive it coud work wonders
i have for 5 days been telling myself that there is no threat to my spine ? and guess what my conatiant back pain has demished to almost nothing and stiffness has improved as well

i feel there is alot of potential in this so dont be put off if peopke rubbsh it which i am sure they will, it may well be the greatest pain breakthrough yet . its as simple or as complicated as that to quote prof mosley

who was hannqh hauxwell and what is the connection to butler and mosley authers of explian pain and intigators of dims and sims
regards
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi Tony, I too since learning about dims and sims have strangely felt so very different. I'm pushing myself more and so proud, although did have a fall today but brushed it off. I've also told my husband to be less sympathetic (I know sounds weird) but like I've said, I'm an alien when it comes to illness. I'm intridged with new ideas and open to anything that might help but I'm no pushover! Please look up Hannah Hauxwell, she's an inspiration, a lady that pushes herself past limits. So innocent yet so full of knowledge that we all need to learn. It's changed me for the better, better than all the chemicals I've been and still put into my body. I want out of this so badly I'm sure my mind will implode in the process :crazy:

Regards
Jo
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:15 pm

good for you jo it was a friend of the family whos a psyciatric nurs e on a specilist pain ward who gave me this a week ago, its used on the ward and he thought it may help me,
i always pushed through but was alway moaning oh my backs stufed or my shoulders bad or the backs killing me ,
ALL DIMS i did not know those words would say to the brain oh danger and the brain said quick make some more pain to warn him ouch

it that knowlage that will free you in the end

im so glad that some one ealse has picked up on this

god we all sound mad , but trust me im a very sane and even sceptical guy ( even if i have just also learnt to water divine )
but thats another story

take care
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:49 pm

I'd just like to thank you for passing on the information. I truly believe its the way forward. Come on then, more about the diving?? :-D
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

well an electrition mate of mine was doing some work for me and we were burying a cable m i was a bit worried about hitting a water pipe even though i knew were the main one ran , he siad wel divine for it ??// i said thats a load of rubbish but ,no he found the pipe right were i thought it was . well i was gobsmaked so i thought id test him agian,
in a corner of my horse field is avery old amd unmarked cemetery from the old workhouse that stood here ( i live in the old stables that were left when they pulled it down).
so unknown to him i said try here and tell me whats here then . so i set him of on a north to south path and every 6 foot he had a strong crossing of the wires , after 6 times he said thers a lot of drians here it cant be pipes???????????#
you shold have seen his face when i told him , he was white as a ghost :lol: :lol: :lol:

any way i was convinced by now so i had a go and was amazed to find i could do it(apparenty any one can) so now i can add divineing to my list of talents
regards
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Oooh I thought it was a spelling mistake! I'd never heard of divineing!! Sounds intriging. And old barns!! Even better :-D I'm jealous
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia