jumpy body

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

jumpy body

Postby galio » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:39 pm

anyone got any tips, have seen posts on about restless legs well I lie in bed and its like feeling a spring being wound and I just know im gonna have a huge body jerk! my poor husband is often kneed in the back as this spring can take an hour or more to wind up and i cant lie on the same side that long, but more worryingly as i sit here typing at 8.30pm I can feel it starting to wind up, and I sit wondering if im gonna start having these jerks earlier in the day and can i hang on to the laptop it i have one the now! think the worst bit about it is knowing its gonna happen and feeling the odd twitchy tingly feeling all over =my body as it builds up, sometimes i just wish it would get on with it and get it over with!

on another subject I have decided that no matter how tired or sore I am Im going to do what I have planned, so in the last few weeks I have rediscovered my love of baking, and if i plan on making something its made, only problem is it then needs ate and my diet goes out the window lol :pull-hair: Im my own worst enemy at times, in the last couple of days i have scoffed new baked bread, herby bacon scones, courgette chocolate cake and banana choc chip buns! Now I need to start walking again regardless of the rain and try to lose some of these calories.
galio
UKFM Member

Re: jumpy body

Postby Carlaholbrough » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi, I scrolled down my Facebook to see Fibromyalgia UK had posted a link to 'jumpy body' it made me grin tbh as I have had this on and off for weeks! It drives my partner insane! I use to suffer restless legs but now I call it 'restless body' it's awful and normally starts at night when I'd love to be sleeping. Takes ages to calm down and I'd not seen it mentioned before relating to Fibromyalgia.
My only advice would be try heat, I know it may not be great especially if you also suffer hot sweats like I do but I use a warm hot water bottle on top of my legs until it calms.
Carlaholbrough
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:38 pm

thanks for the reply not had a problem with my legs so far, well i say that but family habit of shaking a leg when tired or stressed or even when relaxing watching telly often used to annoy hubbie but he got used to being shook asleep lol, but its my torso that tends to jack knife and pull up my knees no good, i use heat a lot as find it helps any pain i have, but as you say its not much use when your in full flush mode which now has the audacity to affect me during the day, im like the hokey cokey put your fleece top on take your fleece top off on off on off throw it on the ground do the hokey cokey and look around where did i put down on the ground! think i spend more time at school on and off then looking for my top or worse my glasses than i spend with the kids, there all experts at spotting my missing items now and answering to what ever name i call them then they tell me there correct name lol, its not so much the jerk as it only happens as im going to sleep as the feeling of it winding up that i hate. im hoping upping the pregabalin may help that as well as the pain, I have got to a point of i dont care if i flare im gonna enjoy today and push through the pain to do something i like doing take that fibro:shooting:
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Restless legs, restless arms and shoulders, painful pins and needles across the whole of my abdomen and always at bedtime. Sometimes I just get up and go on the computer. I sometimes find that the change of position helps but it usually takes a couple of hours.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:52 pm

I am saddened and yet pleased to read that others with FM have jumpy bodies, my GP told me it was my imagination!
I have jumps in my legs, arms and abdomen and they really go for it, I have to hold on to things otherwise they would be knocked away.

I have extreme pain in my hands and arms and my shoulders are so tender at the minute that I truly do not know what to with them.
I am on loads of meds and now after blood tests I have had a call back to make an urgent appointment on Monday as the doctor wants to see me. :(

They will tell me again to lose weight, how when I can't even stand up for 5 minutes some days, get more exercise, that's fun when you struggle to pick up a cup of tea, and cut back on my pain meds, why when that is the only time o get any relief ?

Really feeling it tonight , my husband goes into hospital Monday for surgery and so I will lose the help he provides and will once again be wearing my nurses hat to make sure that he is ok.
Depressed, fed up, in pain and generally feeling sorry for myself, at least here you all know what it's like and don't tell me to pull myself together.

Thanks for reading, sorry I moaned xxx
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:06 am

always look on the bright side of life,,,, how many of you sang that lol, on the bright side i do at least 2 sit ups a night with the abdomen full body jerks, that surely counts as exercise lol. I know many of you get the exercise more thing from the medics, its something my gp has never said and has never said anything about my excess weight, but I must say I find if i dont keep up my exercise that I do i feel worse for it, Ive had a couple of bad weeks with the exhuastion being back to work after 6 weeks hols plus 6 weeks signed off, but after getting started again and building up I feel better for pushing through the tiredness and pain and got up to a mile an half today walking. im going to do my old 2 mile route on thursday and get back to walking twice a week, I need to keep going for my own sanity and i enjoy a wander with the camera, didnt know how far i was walking til i down loaded map my walk onto my fone, thought i was only doing half mile at most!! but am expecting to be sore monday as also started digging out a flower bed to clear it so we can make a raised bed to make it easier for me to manage!
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia