assessment

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

assessment

Postby sheppy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Finally got a date for my assessment on 3 October, but is about a 25 mile trip to get there, is that to try and trip u out to not get pip, it's a good job I got someone to take me cause I certainly wouldn't be able to drive there myself x
sheppy
UKFM Member

Re: assessment

Postby galio » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:44 pm

my son has just been asked to apply for pip if he fails to get the application in on time they will stop his dla which is awarded till feb! he had to go to appeal for that and the appeal place is up a hill with no vehicular access, if you can walk there thats it failed! luckily he had help from a charity to do his appeal and they arranged a powered wheelchair to get him up there as there was no way he could make it on his crutches, he would have been stuck not able to get and failed for not attending! remeber to tell them your worst days nto your best and good luck xx
galio
UKFM Member

Re: assessment

Postby lancashire-lass » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:44 pm

If you think that the assessment centre is too far away you can phone up and ask for a centre that is nearer to you.
My first appointment was for a centre 42 miles away from me - it would have been a bus ride and 2 trains to get me within walking distance of the centre. I complained and got a centre 5 miles from my home.
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia