infections

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

infections

Postby mimidaler » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Does anyone else get lots of infections? I nearly always have an infection somewhere. Also fungal infections. Its constant and in no longer taking antibiotics, and instead probiotics, they do help.
mimidaler
UKFM Newbie

Re: infections

Postby school » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:40 am

yes i suffer lots of infections too...i thought it was my immune system causing my problems but test show its not and so its got to be the fibro that the cause instead i believe.hope you feel well at the moment.
school
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 pm

i get thrush regularly but I have found out that my inhalers cause it, I have to get tablets from gp as it goes right through me, the mouth gel is no good neither is the bullet thing!!! I now use a spacer for my inhaler and Im not getting thrush quite as often but still get it a couple of times a year.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:42 pm

I have had permanent thrush since I was diagnosed with fibro and gained over 3 stone due to medication. I spend pounds on canestan cream the itching is unbearable. Does anyone else suffer this? :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Patsb wrote:I have had permanent thrush since I was diagnosed with fibro and gained over 3 stone due to medication. I spend pounds on canestan cream the itching is unbearable. Does anyone else suffer this? :cry:

go to the docs and get it on prescription, I get a tablet instead of the cream as I am affected in my mouth (feel as if i have a dry mouth but have lots of saliver at the same time, or feel little bumps all over my cheeks )as well as else where, mine is caused by my inhalers, and often the doctor will give me a script for three doses I wait the time stated on the pack and take another dose its a single tablet, if your in england and you can get it scripted for three doses it wil be cheaper than buying the pill, (you can get it over the counter last time i paid it was £10 for one dose) if in scotland it wont cost anything. the other thig is if yo have a partner maybe they need treated as well as it can be passed between you and also men dont get the awful itching like women do so a male partner could be reinfecting you without knowing.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby mimidaler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:05 am

i think we must be more likely to get it. I get fungal infections in my ears, on my nails, vaginal thrush... i get it every time i have a period because of sanitary towels so now i have to use tampons which also cause me discomfort. I dont bother trying to get in with the doctor and theyw ont prescribe thrush treatment in advance so i buy off chemist direct, both tablet and cream and pessary. antibiotics also cause it.

I get infections too. its like ive constantly got something.
mimidaler
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:32 pm

galio wrote:
Patsb wrote:I have had permanent thrush since I was diagnosed with fibro and gained over 3 stone due to medication. I spend pounds on canestan cream the itching is unbearable. Does anyone else suffer this? :cry:

go to the docs and get it on prescription, I get a tablet instead of the cream as I am affected in my mouth (feel as if i have a dry mouth but have lots of saliver at the same time, or feel little bumps all over my cheeks )as well as else where, mine is caused by my inhalers, and often the doctor will give me a script for three doses I wait the time stated on the pack and take another dose its a single tablet, if your in england and you can get it scripted for three doses it wil be cheaper than buying the pill, (you can get it over the counter last time i paid it was £10 for one dose) if in scotland it wont cost anything. the other thig is if yo have a partner maybe they need treated as well as it can be passed between you and also men dont get the awful itching like women do so a male partner could be reinfecting you without knowing.

Cheers :-) and as for sex.......that ended when fibro started lol. Good job I have an understanding hubby of 38 years. :lol:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Patsb wrote:
galio wrote:

Cheers :-) and as for sex.......that ended when fibro started lol. Good job I have an understanding hubby of 38 years. :lol:

whats sex? I to have a very understanding hubbie, but my problems have been with me since the start of our relationship in the form of my hypermobility syndrome, my hips have always had a nasty tendency of slipping out of joint at the most awkward times lol
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia