End of the road

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

End of the road

Postby flicky » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi everyone

I never really post anything but I really need some help from people who know how it feels to live day in day out with this so called
Illness.

I work full time running my own business ....but sadly I have finally come to the decision with tears in my eyes to call it a day , enough is
Enough I can't carry on anymore .

I currently only take tramodol nearly maximum dose everyday.i have tried pretty much everything else. My doctor prescribed me Oxycodone
5mg to see if I get anymore relief because the tramodol aren't doing the job anymore. I rang him today and told him it was not making any difference so could I up the dose. He told me there is no point as it wouldn't work and I'm properly getting opioid resistant now . My problem
Is 5mg isn't really that much different to maximum dose of tramodol so I don't think it was ever going to make a difference .

I'm lost I'm stuck and I'm struggling to cope anymore with the daily grind of this I've hit rock bottom. Any advice or opinions would be
Much appreciated .

Flicky
flicky
UKFM Newbie

Re: End of the road

Postby stripes64 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:25 pm

I can only make suggestions based on my own experiences. I take 100mg doses of tramadol 4 times a day, I find it is better to stick to that dose even if you have a good day, it builds up in your body. An alternative could be the slow release Tramadol (made me feel sick at first) but it does work for many.
All medication needs time to build up, pain wise this seems to take about 3-5 days, each day getting slowly better.
I like many other's I also take amitriptyline at night, again the build up of this medication has an effect through the day, makes you even more groggy though.
Being able to relax and rest are the biggest things that help, if your wound up with worry tiredness etc it makes the pain 10 times worse :(

Go back to your Doctor and talk to him/her about other medications not just pain killers that can help, if they are not helpful time to change your GP.
stripes64
UKFM Member

Postby Eggcustard » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:33 pm

I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. I take tramadol, it does help but doesn't stop the pain like it used to. I also take solpadol on top and amitriptyline at night.
I am struggling to function as well so I have just taken pregablin to try that. It's very frustrating, nothing seems to work.
Have you been to the pain consultant or on a pain management course yet? These are both useful but don't solve the problem!
The only suggestions I have are pregablin or gabapentin but I'm worried about weight gain, I have already put on two stone.
I'm reluctant to start morphine because I think I'll build up a tolerance fairly quickly and apparently fibro doesn't respond well to normal opiates (tramadol is different).
I have read about people taking a break from tramadol and going back onto it and it working really well again, but most of the positive stories I have read have all been about lyrics or pregablin or amitriptyline.
Then there acupuncture, TENS etc. it's really hard to accept the way life is now and that things won't be the same as before. I have been discharged from the pain clinic now.

Sorry I don't have many answers, I hope you find some relief soon, and if you do let me know what helps!!!
Eggcustard
UKFM Newbie

Postby flicky » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Thanks for the advice.

My doctor told me I would know after 2 days if the oxycodone would help or not. He told me to stop it, We can only go by
What the doctors tell us to do they are suppose to know best.!!!

I have tried pregablin and gabapentin and amitriptyline none of which suited me. I was on co-codomol for 3 years until that didn't help
Anymore. I feel like my doctor is lacking knowledge in fibro and i feel so alone and angry and frustrated that I'm having to give in
It's taking everything I love away from me I've lost my fight.

I need to get away from fibro but I can't I've forgot who I am anymore ...
flicky
UKFM Newbie

Postby Alexandromeda » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:59 am

amitriptyline made me drowsy.I am now on Nortriptyline 10 mg. I feel quiet normal for the first time in years.
Alexandromeda
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 am

have you tried duloxetine? I have a bad reaction to most medication but i have found this helps. Get your Dr to prescribe a 30mg dose once a day to be gin with, it may take a few weeks to work fully. It's not perfect, but it's better.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia