Numbness with pins and needles- Panic

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness with pins and needles- Panic

Postby tintagel » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi,for a couple of years now I sometimes wake up with numbness and tingling in my little and ring fingers of each hand. I shake them about a bit and it goes, so not a problem really. However, today for the first time ever, a little finger has just gone numb and tingly in the middle of the day, and I was doing stuff, not sitting still. This has really scared me. Has anybody else Experienced this during busy daytime? Or do I need to go to the Dr? My minds racing, what if it gets worse and I can't hold things? What if I can't drive, work. I'm panicking. X
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness with pins and needles- Panic

Postby rolinol » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:09 pm

Look up 'Ulna Nerve Entrapment' and see if the symptoms sound alike.
rolinol
UKFM Newbie

Postby craftieness » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi, as this is a new symptom for you, you should visit your GP.

I also have this type of symptom, my left side is now permanently in a state of reduced feeling,this includes my face, whilst I have numbness along with pins and needles in both of my hands and feet.

You need to have things checked by you GP so as to rule out any other possible causes. :lol:
craftieness
UKFM Newbie

Postby jaqui45 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi, i've been getting pins and needles in both hands and then numbness in hands and arms i went to see my doctor yesterday and she said it could be a number of things so got to go wednesday for bloods and back to see her in three weeks, its a worry, i find it hard to hold things, im constantly dropping things its not a nice feeling, sorry i cant tell you anymore than that, go see your doctor, i'll post back in three weeks when i find out more. xx
jaqui45
UKFM Member

Postby Ivydips » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi I also have numbness in my fingers and feet and now it's started in my bottom lip. I've not been to my GP as I think it's all related, also the middle of my back has been numb for over a year now and my then GP said it was all connected. Hope you don't worry to much and you should really go and get checked off of you're GP just to make sure xx
Ivydips
UKFM Newbie

Postby AlisonL » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:20 pm

My left arm and hand especially,and most of the time, although any part of my body can go tingly at times. But important to get checked out to rule out other causes - sometimes I think I put too much down to fibro. A couple of times I have ended up in hospital because my left shoulder, chest, arm were very tingly and painful and I had bad bad indigestion at the same time so the vagus nerve was jumping - it could have been a heart attack, thankfully not. I have met with nothing but kindness from paramedics and A&E who assure me I am doing exactly the right thing getting it checked.
AlisonL
UKFM Member

Postby debn393 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi, I suffer badly with pins & needles in both my hands along with numbness and terrible itching of my palms. My hands will swell up and become very painful and at times I am unable to do simple everyday tasks such as do up a button, hold a knife & fork, iron etc. Although I have had FMS for many years now and have suffered with excruciating pain in my arms and shoulders which have required cortisone injections to be able to move them, the pins & needles and problems with my hands have been a very recent occurrence. My GP referred me to a neurologist, as at the same time I was having difficulty with my speech, but apart from 3 lesions on my brain he was happy that there was no other underlying neurological cause and I was referred back to a Rheumatologist who confirmed that it was all part of Fibro. He did, however, say that my Dr did the right thing in referring me and that if I ever have other new symptoms I should always get them checked out as Fibro can mask many other conditions so I would also recommend that you go and have a talk with your GP.
debn393
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:33 am

If it is something new you should see your dr, however you may find that it is just fibro doing it's thing. I can lose the whole of my left side of my body and when it happened the first time dr's thought i had had a stroke, but MRI's said not and the conclusion is that it's part migraine and part fibro.

Good luck.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Roni1970 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:24 pm

I have had the same thing in my left hand for a very long time 5 years + Unfortunately I now have it in my right hand. I have recently had an MRI and have been told I have degenerative disease in my neck - Bilateral Cervical Spinal Stenosis. It is a nightmare and causes me no end of problems but at least I know why my fingers are the way they are and why I drop things and at times have no use of my left hand at all (commonly called my flipper.)
Roni1970
UKFM Member

Postby Chickenosaurus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi - I get this a lot. My outside (i.e. furthest from the thumb) fingers go numb, tingly, freezing cold & look completely dead. Feet likewise.

I tend to get it when I'm due my B12 injection. Have you been tested for B12 deficiency? It seems to be one of these things related in some way to fibro - but I don't think anyone's very sure why...
Chickenosaurus
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia