cramps

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cramps

Postby reb1981 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:40 am

Hello, I have fibro and suffer a lot with cramps especially in my chest area and ribs. I take 600mg of Gabapentine per day and painkillers when needed. Is cramping part of fibro? I go to a yoga class every week to try and help but I'm still in pain. Any advice would be helpful......I don't like going to the doctors over every little thing, I like to try and sort it myself but this is becoming more frequent.....
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: cramps

Postby AlisonL » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Sounds familiar! A consultant once told me there is a condition known as "Painful Rib Syndrome" Haven't found a solution yet except to go and lie down with a very flat back for about ten minutes.
If you can find a good one, an Alexander technique teacher can show you exactly how to lie flat. I found my Alexander teacher very helpful in showing me how best to use my body for a of of everyday tasks - walking, getting out of bed, picking things up in the most efficient least painful ways. Bit pricey but once you have the lessons that's it - no need for repeat visits. Local anaesthetic patches (eg Lidocane patches) can also be helpful
AlisonL
UKFM Member

Postby Joanne123321 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

I have started taking quinine tablets off the doctor. I have same cramps as you and also get them in my legs and feet,
Joanne123321
UKFM Newbie

Postby craftieness » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:44 am

Hi there, I too suffer with cramps across my rib cage, it's been diagnosed as costochondritis - this link may give you some more info on it. It certainly is majorly painful ! :(

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Tietzes-sy ... ction.aspx
craftieness
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:36 pm

I get awful cramp in my left ribs and left foot my toes bend right under my foot. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Just back from hols, and for the first time I got really bad cramp in my left calf it just felt like my leg was in a vice and being tighten , then the following night got It in my right calf , then toes , I put it down to the heat in the Algarve ,but have been back over a week , just the same, now my fingers have joined in as well ,have had it in them before but not to this intense, it seems like it going all over my muscle :yikes: :crazy:
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia