a big step

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

a big step

Postby galio » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:51 pm

a few weeks ago I took a big step and contacted occupational health through my local council and self referred, 2 weeks ago I had an assessment and tonight I used the first bit of equipment I have been given

that was awesome!!!! dunno how long its been since I have had such a relaxing bath never realised my worrying about getting out again was stressing me so much, but now have lovely inflatable bath cushion to help me.

spent half an hour wallowing in bubbles and feel so relaxed and pain free in my legs and hips, I'm so glad I went down that route, I did know what I wanted and hoped that they would be able to supply it, as we had one of these for my daughter, it deflates and is easily removed and stored in a small space when I have visitors or my husband wants a bath or shower, and means my house doesn't look like a disabled persons house either. (Im not ready to admit that yet)
galio
UKFM Member

Re: a big step

Postby Saffie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Well done you. It really must have been very satisfying to overcome such a big step and had a successful result. It is quite an achievement and I hope it has given you great confidence.
Saffie
UKFM Member

Re: a big step

Postby Bebo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm

I wonder if my condition really is fibro, I live in the UK where the NHS is overstretched, I saw a rhemo consultant who tested the trigger points and declared fibro in a slghtly extactic way....have not seem him since, no follow up at all, had some blood work done whoch showed vitD dif....but the pain I have is overwelming espescially in my hips at night, what if it is something else?.
Bebo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia