PIP claim

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP claim

Postby cacran » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:48 pm

I have just been rejected for PIP .
The reasons being that , in a nutshell, I am not badly affected by my condition . I scored nil points on every aspect.
I am not sure that these people know what FM is like. I don't think they get it that sometimes you are floored by the condition and at other times, get by.
I know someone who qualified for PIP who has knocked through a wall, regularly rides a big motorbike and brags about his benefits. It makes me so mad.
I was diagnosed with the condition in 2004, am now 60 and am getting worse. I work 2 hours a day, which sometimes (often really) is too much. I cannot retire until I am 66 and not entitled to claim any other benefits. I don't earn enough to pay NI contrubutions, so would not get sick pay, should I be off sick and due to shortage of contributions (have done this job for 19 years and not earned enough to pay NI) I will be penalised when I do get old age pension. :cry:
cacran
UKFM Member

Re: PIP claim

Postby N3moHoes » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:44 pm

If you go to work you may as well forget about claiming as you will never get anything if you say you are suffering with fm. ive had fm for 12 months now im not diagnosed as the rheumatologist said to me last month "i dont know what is wrong with you". from the second i wake up to the second i go to sleep my whole body vibrates from the core, none stop all day long. i used to get single muscle spasms where i would get a spasm then a few seconds later i would another and so on and so on. now i get a spasm and then get a spasm because of the spasm that spasmed this can last for an hour and a half to the point that jaw even has spasms. i waited 19 weeks to see a rheumatologist and when i told him my symptoms he said "thats unbeleivable". i cant get pip for fm either in the state im in so i wish you all the luck with future claims. this condition is not taken seriously enough by health professionals in my opinion, my fm is debilitating, its horrid.
N3moHoes
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garyl » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 am

I would like to suggest people who have difficulty getting PIP or any other benefit try Fightback a good team who help and are very successful with claims and appeals. JUst type fightback in your browser thingy to find the link to their site
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Lucylastik » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:38 pm

If you only work for 2 hours a day, you should be entitled to Working Tax Credits or Employment Support Allowance and because you work less than 16 hrs a week, your benefit will not be affected AND your NI will be paid by the state.
I don't understand why someone hasn't advised you of this in the last 19 years but a trip to the CAB should confirm if you are suitable to apply. There is also a govt. calculator online which can assess you for benefits providing you have less than £6000 in savings.
Hope that helps :)
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
What mood is that?
Last-minute panic.”

― Calvin & Hobbes.
Lucylastik
UKFM Member

Postby cacran » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi All, Thanks for your replies. I do not qualify for any benefits as our savings exceed the amount. We live off my wage , the bit of interest we get and my husbands occupational pension, he retired early due to ill health. He is not entitled to benefits either
That is the penalty of saving all your lives, I am afraid. We have never smoked or wasted money, looked after ourselves and our family. Not one of us has ever claimed benefits. :-?
cacran
UKFM Member

Postby FionaS » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Can you try for attendance allowance? I am not sure but I had a feeling that if you are female, 60 (ie retirement age) the PIP becomes attendance allowance, but I may well be wrong.
FionaS
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia