Dead arm

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dead arm

Postby mamamaka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice if anyone can help :)
Since August I have been getting a dead arm, it used to happen when I was driving but now it is constant, sometimes its worse than others and seemingly getting worse , the best way I can describe it is when you used to lay on your arm or sit cross legged and stop circulation... The limb aches a little just prior to getting pins and needles. ...Well l rarely get the pins and needles just the constant ache :(
It doesn't stop me being able to do stuff and is ctually worse at rest. .. Any ideas on what I can do to help would be gratefully received. ...Been to the docs. .. got bloods on the 20th, tried cold, heat, acupunture, massage and magnetic therapy, nothing has helped so far.
my medicine helps take the edge off things....I can create a fist once they kick in!! Lucky me :/
Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Thanks in advance if you can and thanks in advance for reading this. ... Sorry im whinging :-?
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Re: Dead arm

Postby stodgers » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:21 pm

I've been having similar problems and i believe it is due to a pinched nerve in my neck. I am going to book in with an osteopath!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia