Anyone had gallstones?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone had gallstones?

Postby stodgers » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:22 pm

If so can u please tell me what your symptoms were? I'm sure I have them!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone had gallstones?

Postby whoami » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:23 am

I really didn't realize I had gall stones until I started vomiting blood. I would get pain in the middle of my stomach that went right through my back. It didn't dawn on me that the vomit was actually blood until I went to emerge one day. I had issues with a lot of burping along with the pain.

I would go to your Dr and relay your symptoms to him. I think that everyone's symptoms could possibly be different. Good luck!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby MaryRaeMikeyLiz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:11 am

The main symptom is unmistakable agonising pain. For me it felt central, where I perceived my stomach to be but a lot of people feel it slightly to the right and under ribs. I used to lie down and stretch out as it feels like something is trapped or stuck, which of course it is, but there's nothing you can do about it :/ I had my gall bladder out 10 years ago
MaryRaeMikeyLiz
UKFM Newbie

Postby stodgers » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:58 pm

I've been getting reflux issues which can be a sign as well as feeling nauseous but the thing that makes me think it is gallstones is i keep getting pain in the right side of my back under my ribs as u said! Spoken to gp today and been referred for a scan.so hopefully I'll know soon enough as so fed up of being back and forth to the docs and being fobbed off
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby elaineann521 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:32 pm

hi I had mine removed two years ago after being rushed in with two stones stuck in the bile duct I didn't even know until then that I had gall stones .but I still get first thing in a morning green bile type stuff coming up does any one else get it ?
elaineann521
UKFM Member

Postby sue cooper » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:11 pm

I had my gall bladder out 10 months (Oct 13) after I was hospitalised in Dec '12. Predominately pain which was in my right side just under the rib cage going through to my back, but also I felt sick every day all day so consequently lost nearly 3 stone in weight, went off lots of foods including chocolate which I have not really liked since. Lots of burping too.
I didn't get acid reflux so much as I was already on meds for this having being diagnosed with GORD some years earlier. Looking back I am now sure all my problems stemmed from undiagnosed FM.
As soon as I had my gall bladder out the pain & nausea went immediately so consequently felt much better although some foods I still can't face eating.
sue cooper
UKFM Member

Postby Jo90 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:24 am

I had no symptoms until one moved and became stuck in the bile duct and then I knew about it.. Agony! The pain was in my abdomen and back. I had an ultrasound which revealed lots of small stones and decided to have the gall bladder removed rather than ever go through that pain again.
Jo90
UKFM Member

Postby craftieness » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I have gallstones but had no idea they were there until I had scans / xrays / endoscopy for severe acid reflux and costochondritis symptoms.
My gallstones are currently causing me no discomfort at all, so they can stay for now. The rest, however, is causing me agony.
Hope they get you sorted out soon x
craftieness
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia