Low blood pressure and palpitations

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low blood pressure and palpitations

Postby SLScorpio72 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi. I've been getting chest flutters and palpitations over the last 2 weeks. I went to my GP and discovered I have low blood pressure and a low heart rate. She's referred me to cardiology for a 24hr ECG monitor. Just wondered whether other fibro sufferers have these symptoms as my other fibro aches and pains have also flared up. They may not be connected but seems a bit coincidental.
It wouldn't surprise me if they can't find any underlying reasons for these things and so they become added to the ever growing fibro list. Thanks :-D
SLScorpio72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Low blood pressure and palpitations

Postby jargirls » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:17 pm

I had palpitations which led to a heart attack. It was in my recovery that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have the blood pressure of an athlete but believe me I'm no athlete.
jargirls
UKFM Newbie

Postby SLScorpio72 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 pm

I was told similar about my blood pressure being similar to an athlete and was asked if I was sporty. I didn't think walking the dog counted as athletic!
SLScorpio72
UKFM Newbie

Postby Libby8260 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:06 am

I suffer from palpitations, sometimes they can drive me nuts at night when I am trying to sleep!
Libby8260
UKFM Newbie

Postby elaineann521 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 am

hi yes I have suffered from low blood pressure for years and palpitations also having lots of pain at the moment. This is just a silly theory but do any of you have any skin tags? or have any food intolerances? best wishes everyone
elaineann521
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:05 pm

I have been diagnosed with HIGH blood pressure since fibro.also suffer very painful palpitations like mini electric shocks.very scarey. :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia