No feeling in hands - help?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No feeling in hands - help?

Postby Kriistiee » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:41 pm

As I'm sat here typing this.. My hands are becoming number and number. My right hand feels 'trapped' in a bent shape, it's white and freezing cold and tingling numb. My left hand feels the same. The pain is shooting from my neck to my pinky finger. Is this neon all? I feel like my arms are going to drop off.
Kriistiee
UKFM Member

Re: No feeling in hands - help?

Postby Hellyn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 am

??? Carpal Tunnel???
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Re: No feeling in hands - help?

Postby FrenchJan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:56 am

I had something similar. Shooting pain from my little finger to my elbow. Numb and painful hands and tingling in ends of fingers. My Doctor said it was Tennis Elbow! I had 6 weeks of physio , where she worked on my neck and arm and it really helped to relieve the pain and reduce the symptoms. Now after 3 weeks without physio it's starting to return. I think it is just part of my fibro but I'm willing to accept anything that helps, so I will definitely go back for more physio. I really think that Doctor's, like the rest of us, just guess at what it might be based on past experience but Fibromyalgia is unique and causes various pain and puzzling symptoms all over the body. As one symptom eases another one comes along in a totally different place. I wouldn't go under the knife unless my Doctor was 100% certain and that was further confirmed by scans etc. Love and best wishes x
FrenchJan
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia