Fell Down the stairs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fell Down the stairs

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Hello Peeps,

So, due to my usual graceful self, I managed to not only scald my hand with boiling hot coffee, but fall down the stairs, both on the same day. This was a week ago Thursday, and the pain in my right hip, the side I hit most of the stairs with as I tumbled down, is only getting worse. I have bursitis in both hips, I have normal fibromyalgia pain, but this is something different. The best way I can describe it, is it feels like the deepest, most painful bruise you can imagine. When I stand up from sitting at my laptop, I find that I can barely straighten up...so annoyed!!!!

Any remedies that might help??? Hot baths are out of the question due to an issue with the gas mains that could take up to another week to correct, I also CANNOT take ibuprophen as I am on Trazadone for depression....I feel like a real burden to all right now because it feels like all I do is hurt, so I have hidden the fact that my chest hurts along with my head and my hip and gall bladder...uggg....will write a fresh post about that one...

So, remedies would be appreciated..

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Fell Down the stairs

Postby Anuib6 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:18 pm

I have just bought myself an ActiPatch, which was recommend by my daughter.
Got it from Amazon & as I suffer too its really good, Boots also stock it but I needed it immediately & as I am an Amazon Prime member ordered it yesterday got today. I hav also tried everything before but it works for me & lots of others, for back, knee, joints. At the moment my Siatica is back with the arthritis & all. So all I can suggest is that at £19.99 it's a good investment.
Anuib6
UKFM Member

Re: Fell Down the 6stairs

Postby connors40 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Hope you doing ok now bless you xx living with this problem is a nightmare xx
connors40
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:46 pm

did you go and get checked out, you could have done more than just bruised the hip, especially if the pain is so bad, being a fibro warrior you will be used to high pain but if its like this its well worth getting it checked.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 am

galio,

I haven't had it checked out because all I do is go to the doctors about one thing or another and they just keep telling me that I am on enough pain killers. It is painful though, so if it continues into the next week I may book an appointment. xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:21 am

oh lord queenie i feel your pain. i fell over on holiday and the pain is horrid right into my cocyx

i have stepped up my acupuncture visits which are helping and in between am using my TENS machine, something thats well worth investing in. if you do order one remember to claim back the VAT!!
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Okay,

So I had a doctor come out to the house as I was unable to get to my car, and there was no way I was going to be able to take four buses to the clinic and get home. Diagnosis, I have caused damage to the (fibro fog means I cannot remember the name, but the area in the lower back that joins the hip) joint/area. Painful!!! I thought I was going to kick her in the head when she was manipulating my hip....but, I didn't and now I am about to take, 30mg of amitriptaline, Ibuprophen, Tramadol, and something else that I couldn't read, so well drugged. I have also been told to be as mobile as possible, which is what I tried to do, but my hip/back would not co-operate last night.

So, I cannot just fall down the stairs and get a bruised bum, I have to damage a joint and spend 6-8 weeks recovering...yeah!!!!!

xxx
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia