Elbows and feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Elbows and feet

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:18 am

Hi all,
This is a weird one , first my right elbow started to become painful, few days later my left. I was just able to work with it (case of having too) . Then a few days later my feet started to ache , by the end of the day they are really painful. The morning and night are the worst as that's when they become stiff,I'm trying to work out wether my medication is causing this or is it my fm?
I'm on lisinipril for high blood pressure , after reading the possible side effects, it's possible they could be the cause , trouble is I've been taking this for years now , I was on anti depressants but the citalpram didn't agree with me,so I stopped taking it. I'm wondering if anyone else has these symptoms? Is it a type of flare or the meds? Any words of wisdom or help would be appreciated :-?
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Elbows and feet

Postby Joanne123321 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:50 am

My elbows can be very painful, I think it is just another symptom of fibro. At times it's as if they are broken and bruised. Also started recently with same thing in my wrists and ankles. Think we just have to plod on with it.
Joanne123321
UKFM Newbie

Postby LesleyD » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:16 am

I'm currently having pain in both elbows and my left shoulder. I don't know if it's related to Arthritis or the Fibro! My hands are constantly sore and stiff but I have Osteoarthritis in both hands again where is the pain coming from? I go to bed each night hoping and wishing that I will wake up pain free, but I don't. I wake up and my hands, feet and ankles are swollen (all water retention?), my elbows are stuck and have searing pains in them. This is all getting me down. I'm fed up taking medication - taking MST morning and night for pain, Gabapentin, Arcoxia and Paracetemol. Not to mention tablets for high blood pressure and water tablets! Like others, I carry on. This illness will not beat me I won't let it! :yikes:
LesleyD
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:20 pm

LesleyD wrote:I'm currently having pain in both elbows and my left shoulder. I don't know if it's related to Arthritis or the Fibro! My hands are constantly sore and stiff but I have Osteoarthritis in both hands again where is the pain coming from? I go to bed each night hoping and wishing that I will wake up pain free, but I don't. I wake up and my hands, feet and ankles are swollen (all water retention?), my elbows are stuck and have searing pains in them. This is all getting me down. I'm fed up taking medication - taking MST morning and night for pain, Gabapentin, Arcoxia and Paracetemol. Not to mention tablets for high blood pressure and water tablets! Like others, I carry on. This illness will not beat me I won't let it! :yikes:

Good for you ! Keep smiling :-D
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Joanne123321 wrote:My elbows can be very painful, I think it is just another symptom of fibro. At times it's as if they are broken and bruised. Also started recently with same thing in my wrists and ankles. Think we just have to plod on with it.

We do keep going regardless! :-D
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia