Heart Palpitations= Fibro?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heart Palpitations= Fibro?

Postby Lisa21 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:05 pm

I have been getting palpitations for about 8 or 9 months now, and have been attending the Cardiology dept. I have had ECGs, Echo and have been given a 24 hour tape to try and capture anything. Nothing comes back, nothing. The odd fast heartbeat that apparently is not unusual.
Last week I saw the consultant, and he said that as the tests have come back ok and there is no heart problem that can be found, that there is nothing else they can do for me. They said it is probably to do with the illnesses I have such as Fibro, Crohn's, Asthma etc and that the heart can react if they are acting up or having a flare day.

As that is all I got from them, I wondered if anybody got the same problems with palpitations and have been told the same sort of thing?

Please help :?:
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Re: Heart Palpitations= Fibro?

Postby medievalpoet » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi, yes, this summer I started getting them and popped to Docs, got sent to A andcE, where had ECG blood taken etc.. They said they saw a regular irregularitiy! After a 24 hour heart rate monitor, had a letter saying all was normal. But something caused palpitations and occasionally still does! May be related to painkillers I take.
medievalpoet
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sarahjbass » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Yes, I've had them and also had bloods and 24 hr trace. I was also told that the trace captured a number of irregular beats however I was told that this was normal.
Sarahjbass
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 am

Hi Lisa21,

I have had palpitations for years. To start off with I was told that it was my caffiene intake and I had to slow down on that. Then I had a trace and ultra sound done and I have a click, in other words, when you actually listen to my heart occasionally you will hear a clicking sound that is the left ventricule not sealing the lower chamber properly and letting some blood back into the upper chamber. apparently 2% of the population have this and don't even realize it. Unless it becomes an issue where the valve actually needs to be replaced, I just make sure that it doesn't get any worse through regular check ups.

I now have palpitations due to Fibromyalgia. I hate to say it, but this is a condition that comes with a lot of other side notes. Fibro can throw something at you that you never expected, but also the fatigue and pain that everyone knows about. None of us on this board have the same set of symptoms, yet we all have more than just one or two issues. There are some great links on this board that will tell you more about what to expect with fibro and the kinds of things that may happen to your body.

Good Luck.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Gadef » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi, I have theses same symptoms. At first I was quite frightened as the pains were not only in my chest , but my back and jaw and head.
I was trying to check my pulse etc, but the ECG showed normal when I went. I was told that these pains were like costrochondritis, which my daughter had in her teenage years, and she also has fibro. In fact I am having these pains now, I have a flare up, and it hurts when I breathe and if I lay on my right side, my heart feels like it's pounding out of my chest. :(
Gadef
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 pm

I suffer painful scarey palpitations dr says its anxiety but they have got worse since I was diagnosed with fibro. Sometimes feels like my heart is literally throwing itself from one side of my chest to the other .
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby cilf4267 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Hi. Fibromyalgia Friends. I have had FM for 15 yrs. Have only realised by reading the magazine. That palpitations can be part of FM. I have had tests etc. But they are still SCARY. Hope you are all managing to cope Thanks. ALL
cilf4267
UKFM Newbie

Postby bekindtoyou » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi I also have started with palpitations. I had to come off amitriptyline because of it. 24 hour ECG shows irregular heartbeat but Dr is not worried about it , however I have pain now so awaiting a tread mill test. It's interesting that it can be fibromyalgia linked.
bekindtoyou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia