Dizziness

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dizziness

Postby Mel1977 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:05 am

Morning everyone,
I haven't been long diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am still adjusting to this !
I woke up this morning with the room spinning and had to have help out of the
Bed and help walking downstairs! I have had this before once a few years ago before I was diagnosed I just want to
Know if this is part of fibro!?

Thanks in advance
Mel1977
UKFM Newbie

Re: Dizziness

Postby Anuib6 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 am

Yes it is, I've been suffering for so long now. What I realise was I must have had it after my hip operation in 1999 but wasn't diagnosed till 2006! I get it all, just got over 2weeks of that dizziness,falling over kind & feeling awful. It is Fibro I'm afraid!
Anuib6
UKFM Member

Postby Mel1977 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 am

Thank you for replying I thought it probably was to do with my Fibro I'm really worried that it will happen when I am driving as I had no warning this morning it was going to happen x
Mel1977
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sarahjbass » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi Mel. I get it sometimes when driving as well as throughout the day without warning . You get so used to it that it's not really such a big issue. Are you on any medication? Because that can cause dizziness as well and impact on cognitive function. The symptoms of fibro appear to more or less be the side effects of each drug , which confuses me. Is it drug or is it fibro .... I don't know !!
Sarahjbass
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mel1977 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:34 pm

im on amitriptyline and citalopram xx
Mel1977
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lk6 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:34 am

Hi I've recently had the dizziness so bad that I couldn't stand up till the room stopped spinning I had to get down on my hands and knees it was the worst dizziness I've ever experienced it came on quite suddenly although I was feeling quite unwell and hot and cold prior to it but it felt like when you were a child and someone gave you one of those swing around whizzy things then put you on the ground and you couldn't stand up,I also had a bit of ear ringing that day it lasted two days and went as quick as it came. All I could think of was brain tumour but the doctor said it was probably fibromyalgia related and I also had a bit of sinus which could of affected the middle ear, but please if this is something new for you get it checked out by your doctor as it can be a symptom of many different illnesses.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia