Itching

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Itching

Postby aziriphale » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:35 pm

does anyone else get itching for no reason, i've always suffered it and normally a antihistamine covers it but last night nothing was helping, i was itching from head to toe and could do nothing but scratch, i finally managed to fall asleep around 6am, only to be woken up by the itching

it seems ok so far today, but i am covered in scratching ect from all the scratching i had to do

so anyone else get this, and have you any remedies
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Re: Itching

Postby cookiemart » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 am

Thats bonkers I've been itching all evening and just read this, I was itching like mad a couple of nights ago and there was a different post on itching then.
So yes I suffer badly with it, mainly my arm and legs particularly the shins!
I notice its worse in winter tho I do get it during the rest of the year too just not as bad, its been really bad tonight!!!!
cookiemart
UKFM Newbie

Postby cilf4267 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:38 am

Waw. Can't believe the itching is because of Fibromyalgia. I get it aswell.
Thanks for posting it on here.. Hope you all have an itch free Day..
cilf4267
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:59 am

Yes, but mine's arms and legs and at night on my back. We call them fibro-fleas, I have a good backscratcher by my bed.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Twinkle08 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:22 pm

I have been itching for years and it drives me mad once it starts! I scratch my skin off in places where it gets that bad and if I itch on my thighs I end up badly bruising myself sometimes. At the moment it seems to be the tops of my feet that badly itch at times!
When i first started itching a few years ago it was as soon as I ate a meal every day and would last for hours on and off. Eventually I got referred to a Dermatologist who told me it was impossible to itch after eating everytime! I was prescribed Aqueous cream and Dermol lotion, which helps.
It was only reading an article online last month about Fibro itching that I realised this is probably what mine has been all these years and I never knew!!
Twinkle08
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:06 pm

I get itching all over, it drives me crazy. I now take an antihistamine every night and it has improved a little. It's another fibro symptom xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia