Forgetting to Eat

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Forgetting to Eat

Postby Tantalus » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi everyone, long time no post!

As the winter months are coming on, like a lot of you, I am suffering a bit more but the bit which I really didn't expect is that my memory problems have got substantially worse to the point at which I am now forgetting to eat.

This usually happens when I'm doing something such as on the computer for most of the day, at work or just busy. I then realise that it's late afternoon/evening and I've had nothing to eat all day. At which point when I get up to do something about it I become very woozy as (despite not being diabetic) my blood sugar drops dramatically.

It is starting to really worry me and I keep resolving to remember to eat but then become distracted and just forget. I worry that I'll be on my own one day and when I get woozy I'll end up injuring myself some how.

Does anyone else forget to eat? If so, any tips how to go about not forgetting!

Thanks,

Tantalus
Tantalus
UKFM Member

Re: Forgetting to Eat

Postby scoke » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Forgetting a few meals might help with my weight! Seriously, though, I do forget to drink when I'm involved in something. Meals are usually difficult to forget because there's almost always someone else around who would remind me, I certainly don't notice the time and have to be reminded quite frequently. How about an alarm set for mealtimes? On your phone or watch or pc and have it on snooze so it will keep reminding you till you go.
I find routines help me to remember (if I get interrupted in my bathroom routine I'm very likely to forget to finish it. I'll suddenly realise that I never cleaned my teeth!) so I try to do things in a specific order and in a certain way, lining up cleansing products in the correct order. I frequently forget my Medes too - or take the wrong one occasionally - don't know what to do about that! I have to try yo concentrate on all those things that normal people just do automatically!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:59 pm

I wish I could forget to eat :) I've bought a planner to write down things - lists of what I want to accomplish each day (or try to accomplish) and also to write down where I've put things for safe keeping - I can't find anything, I've forgotten where I put them lol! Have a lovely evening xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Maybe try setting yourself some reminders on your phone, lappy or whatever other gadgets you use thru the day telling you to eat something suitable. You could also prepare some snacks/meals in advance so that when a reminder goes off, it's ready and waiting for you to eat it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia