Pip medical......how long?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip medical......how long?

Postby Patsb » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:31 pm

I received a letter in September telling me my dla was being changed to pip. I rang them same day and did first part of assessment over phone then completed form that arrived 10 days later and posted it back at end of September .i am still waiting to hear anything from them over 2 months later. Is this normal or should I ring them.?
Patsb
UKFM Member

Re: Pip medical......how long?

Postby jrules1fair » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi i heard within a week of sending mine back so I would advise to give them a call and make sure they have your forms but they dont always do medicals it depends on if they have enough information or not. Mine was returned end September and I had medical middle October and had response in November. I would call them
jrules1fair
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Typical.i got letter 2 hours after posting here! My medical is at home Saturday December 19 th.fingers crossed now!! :-? :(
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Good luck with your medical, hope it goes well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:00 pm

good luck
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Had my medical with a nice lady. Just waiting for dreaded letter now :-? Also got occupational therapist coming out this aft to discuss walk in shower. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Patsb wrote:Had my medical with a nice lady. Just waiting for dreaded letter now :-? Also got occupational therapist coming out this aft to discuss walk in shower. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Well after 4 long nerve wracking months I finally got my p.i.p decision .i have been awarded both components at enhanced rate. :-D to say I'm relieved is an understatement !!. Also had a phone call to say we are getting a walk in shower fitted in next 8 weeks. The p.i.p is until 2020. All I need now is a lottery win!!! . 8-)
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:16 pm

That is fab news :) Have a lovely weekend x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia