Had a real low this weekend

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Had a real low this weekend

Postby Pharaoh66 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Really crashed. Not pain although that is a constant but just had a mental shutdown.

I hate Xmas. Hate all the fuss, the noise, the pressure of it. My partner isn't very understanding about FM. It's all about knuckling down and just getting on with things and there are times when I simply can't. My energy vanishes and I just want to curl up and cry. I have a five hour car journey Wednesday and I'm dreading it. I just want to go into a hole for a week and emerge when it's all over.

I am just so fed up and disillusioned right now. Nothing goes right and this pain, the constant ache, the headaches, lack of restful sleep, it's doing my head in!
Pharaoh66
UKFM Member

Re: Had a real low this weekend

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:19 pm

I hope you get some rest over the Christmas. It sounds like you are going through a tough time, is there anyone you can chat to about how you are feeling? Sending you an understanding and gentle hug xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Had a real low this weekend

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi,

I hope that to some degree you are feeling better. I know that kind platitudes do not help during a time like this, so I won't bother you with them, but I truly know what you are going through. I had a meltdown about five days ago. I tried to keep it all in, but the anger, frustration, and depression took over. It is an overwhelming time of year, and we all try to deal with it the best we can, but those of us who suffer from black dog days can sometimes, not fake it any longer.

I lost the plot completely, and the nest day everyone expected normal from me. It bothers me that people think I will just snap out of it. That is not, and never has been, the case. My head hurt from crying for so long and so hard, my partner didn't realize I didn't want to talk, I just wanted to be comforted, my daughter tried to make me chat about mundane things, and none of that was what I wanted or needed. So, as usual, I slapped a smile on my face and got through Christmas the best I could. The pain and fatigue were at the surface the whole time, but I managed to push though and make sure they had everything they wanted.

This winter, along with every other, is going to be tough, but I am going to allow myself bad days. I cannot pretend that I don't get them, and I explained what they did wrong, and how it didn't help, and I can only hope that they took it to heart.

Please let us know if you have improved any, or if this is still a force that you have to reckon with...

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia