Leaky Gut/Candida

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leaky Gut/Candida

Postby gibbo82 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:42 pm

Has anyone in this group successfully treated or even cured there fibromyalgia?. I ask as I'm starting to believe fibromyalgia in some people can be caused by leaky gut & bacterial overgrowth in the gut which has been left untreated.(due to poor diet) I'm starting to believe if we can treat a cure the underlying problem (in my case leaky gut/candida) then after some time the fibromyalgia symptoms disappear!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Leaky Gut/Candida

Postby gibbo82 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:29 am

Here's a brief story about my history...

It all started when i was a bout 17, used to get really bad stomach cramps & pains this went on for months. I thought I had something major wrong, I was to scared to go doctors, and even tell my parents. Cut long story short, finally went docs & he diagnosed me with ibs. A few years went by, around the age of 21 I started to get panic attacks, skipped heart beats etc.. I ended up a recluse. Doc give me anti depressants & that helped. Then when I was 23 that's when the physical symptoms started (fibro) & as years went on the symptoms got worse! I'm now 33, & all these years I've never changed my diet!. Always ate crap & had a major sweet tooth.

Can you see the connection in all this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Leaky Gut/Candida

Postby lynda 24 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 am

hello i also believe that threre is some kind of connection between how' bubbly'' my stomach is and how much higher my pain levels are , stress also is also an external factor that increases not only my bubbly stomach but my pain levels and mobility xx
lynda 24
UKFM Newbie

Re: Leaky Gut/Candida

Postby Lk6 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi I totally think there is a connection and mine started after a very bad stomach bug and I have not been right since I got either food poisoning or a bug but was hospitalised for almost two weeks since that time I have had pain all over my body, I still get really bad IBS symptoms which I never had before this event also interstitial cystitis, now the odd thing is if I get a full blown bladder infection and treated with antibiotics and strong probiotics after this course my fibromyalgia symptoms seem to lessen for a couple of weeks not totally disappear but I am able to go about and get things done and every time it flares back up it starts of with stomach pain and this awful feeling inside me I don't know how to explain this feeling but it is almost unbearable and makes me very anxious and panicky so much so I wish I could just die. This has been happening on and off for the last six years it's like all the nerve endings in your bowel and colon are being stirred up that's the only way I can explain it and if anyone else has these symptoms please let me know that I am not alone and what you use for this particular set of symptoms I get the same in my bladder and yet most times there will be no bug grown but this same feeling of irritation and constant need to go to the toilet, so please help if you can.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia