Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia

Postby Gingermama » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi guys and gals

So I've recently found out I'm pregnant... Not planned but we're not unhappy about it! What worries me (among a long list of other things, pregnancy doesn't suit me!) is what to expect from this pregnancy. I've got 2 kids already but developed fibro after the birth of my youngest.

I've stopped taken gabapentin, I had slowly stopped taking it anyway as I kept forgetting the afternoon and evening doses, I was taking 400 mg each morning so I've stopped that. I am also reducing my venlafaxine by half at mo and then will slowly come off that too so I'm currently in a fair amount of pain, which I expected but it's fairly bearable at mo.

I had pelvis inflammation with both my previous pregnancies and SPD with the youngest which was actually pretty horrendous if I'm honest and I'm told it often gets worse with each pregnancy... I'm pretty bloody scared of how much pain I'm gonna be in and if anyone has any good tips (that don't cost the earth as money is tight!) that might help me thru the next 9 months?!?
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia