Thrush

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thrush

Postby Patsb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Does anyone suffer permanent thrush. Since being diagnosed with fibro I seem to have it all the time. I use canestan cream but the itching comes back after 2 or 3 days.its doing my head in. :twisted:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Re: Thrush

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:07 pm

That doesn't sound pleasant at all, poor you. Have you spoken to your GP about it? It definitely needs to be checked out.

Gentle hugs

Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby pink67 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:21 pm

I have this issue too!! I wonder if it is Fibro related then?

Sending hugs!
pink67
UKFM Newbie

Postby K123eane » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:32 pm

I have suffered for years and yes it is connected. Sometimes it's thrush sometimes it's cystitis. I was diagnosed a few years ago with Interstitial Cystitis. Which is an inflamed bladder. It's a complete nightmare this is actually the worst part of the condition for me. I was sent for a cystoscopy after years of going back and to to the doctors . I was living on antibiotics and I still am. I go for bladder instillations every few weeks but still suffer regularly with the symptoms. It's not often mentioned on these sites although it's a nightmare it's nice to know I'm not on my own . Good luck I hope you get to the bottom of it!! Excuse the pun lol x
K123eane
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:41 pm

over the last few years I have had thrusy quite often, mine is down to my inhalers for my asthma, a spacer has hellped somewhat but I get it in my mouth and internally so I get a tablet from the doctor that clears it as I can treat it in the mouth and the other end with gels and creams but it just reoccurs as its right thtought me, doc will often give me 3 doses to take at the right intervals (you have to wait so long beteween courses) and it clears for about 6 months or longer depending on how much Im using my preventer inhaler (my asthma seems to go in cycles too ok for a year or two never realy needing inhalers then a few bad years )
galio
UKFM Member

Postby crazy_cat_lady » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:06 am

i giggled, sorry, but i havent had a bout of thursh for about 7 and a half years, dispite the fibro symptoms i have getting worse over that same time. my cure?..........seperated from husband!!! ;-) lol. didnt matter how many times i treated mine, he was still carrying it and giving it back to me, dispite getting him treated several times aswell. (i wouldnt like to spectulate how he kept getting it back, surfice to say that we split up after he sent me an email ment for another woman!! :shock: )
tired all the time!! zzzzzzzzz
crazy_cat_lady
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 am

I've had bouts where the delightful condition refuses to go. When it gets like that, I find a trip to the docs is necessary as a longer, stronger course of treatment is needed than what can be bought OTC. Having tried the various options available, I have found the oral treatments to be much more effective than creams or pessaries.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia