Rigor Mortis

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Rigor Mortis

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:43 am

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone gets stiffness so bad in the morning that they can't bend their legs very well? I get the usual morning stiffness of a fibro sufferer (although god knows why, I don't think I stay still long enough to set!) but this morning it was so bad I had to get my partner to physically bend them for me to start with to kind of 'break the seal'. It felt like I'd gone into rigor mortis!
Admittedly I've been in a lot of pain recently, particularly my legs as always so I guess it's to do with that?

Gentle hugs xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Rigor Mortis

Postby Pharaoh66 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:43 am

I get whole body stiffness. Not everyday but if I have had a bad night then my limbs go very stiff and it takes me a few minutes to straighten myself out. I hate that feeling!
Pharaoh66
UKFM Member

Postby Carlyisfallingapart » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:50 am

Of a morning i get terrible stiffness in my legs and hands but I also get terrible pains in my legs for the first two hours I'm up it's sort of like cramp but totally not ? My legs feel like I'm wading through treacle when I move them and it often is that bad it makes me want to cry . Stairs are a huge problem on a morning
Carlyisfallingapart
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:49 pm

My left leg is permantlaly rigid and feels like it's in a vice.if I stand for too long I start shaking.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby pad all » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Ladies part of the answer is exercise exercise your legs every morning. I decided to take an integrated approach to treating fibro. That is medication, Bowen technique or physio and enrol in a yoga class. A yoga teacher will show you the exercises to help with the stiffness in your legs. Muscle stretching, exercises for joints and ligaments are a must. The other thing is to walk every day for at least half an hour. I also have vascular/capillary problems in my legs. It will take time to get used to the exercises but you will improve.
pad all
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia