Living with Fibromyalgia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Living with Fibromyalgia

Postby bealmeida.26 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm new in this forum. And I apologize for not writing English correctly.
I just have Fibromyalgia a *from I know a 6 years* but from I suffering a much more time.
But this last years it was ben more painful. In 2014 September I beginning a new pain on my neck and right arm, and a big migraines, put me dizzy and was awful to live, I'm being with sick notice and I aplay for the ESA, in November 2014, but in March 2015 they refuse and I found a new job, less heavy.
With all the medication I have good and bad days all this years. Now again in end of August I beginning felling so painful and the neck pain came back and on the ips as well, and the most of the days I only can walk with the stick. And a long process beginning again.
Off course its a lots os things to talk. And I'm relly pleased if someone with more experience in some areas can help with some questions.

For apply for PIP, I need to apply first for ESA, and they need to accept me ?
Can I applay for disable park , and where? Because I cant walk to much and from the trataments or shopping its everything far for I park my car.

Thanks for your time, and a good night for everybody.
UKFM Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Living with Fibromyalgia

Postby emmas » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:53 am

Hello :)

Just a quick reply as I should be trying to sleep, I'm sure someone will help with more detail soon or if you need more advice ask follow up questions!

You can apply for PIP and ESA, they are separate things. You can get PIP if you work or have savings, ESA is only for those unable to work as a result of their condition. Getting one does not mean you will get the other (although it gives you better chances in appeals if you do get one and they say no to the other). In some areas if you have the same provider for assessment for both you might just get one 'medical assessment' as they are so far behind getting everyone through the application process, but this does not always happen, sometimes you have to do one for each. Start the application for both as soon as you can, even if it takes ages for things to come through your money gets backdated to when you first applied (or first submitted the detailed form, I forget which, but there is only a couple of weeks between them normally) if you are successful in your claim. Get some help with the forms, they are long and complicated and designed to make it as hard as possible for you to claim what you are entitled to; this is doubly true if English is not your first language. Someone else might be able to point you in the direction of somewhere that can help. You might have a disability rights centre in your area or other local services which may be able to support you with your application, take all the help you can get, the forms are long and boring and not easy to fill out! Make sure what you put in each application is consistent as the DWP like to try and confuse people to catch them out and if they are processing things at the same time they might compare the two forms to make sure they say the same thing.

Parking is a bit easier, and also separate. You need to apply to your local city / country council, but you can do it through the website and they will pass that on to them. It takes a while, but they will then write to you and you get called in for (another) assessment / chat (this is less intense than the PIP/ESA ones, and they aren't usually out to trick you into saying you are less sick than you are!) Apply here: You can save the application as you go through so you don't need to do it all at once. You will need some basic information for this and to submit a photo of a certain type/quality to complete the application.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck with your applications x
User avatar
UKFM Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Sussex

Re: Living with Fibromyalgia

Postby pad all » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi. Have you thought of making an appointment to see a chiropractor. I think they could help you with the neck pain and migraines. It,s worth a try.
pad all
UKFM Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Living with Fibromyalgia

Postby bealmeida.26 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks very much for your help and your promptly response to my questions.
Thanks to emmas and pad all .

I'm going to try to see the gov website, and about the chiropractor too.
UKFM Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:54 pm

Re: Living with Fibromyalgia

Postby galio » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:14 am

find your local citizens advice centre and contact them they often have a disability person who can help with all the forms, good luck
UKFM Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 pm
Location: aberdeenshire

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests