Eyes and Skin

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eyes and Skin

Postby Cazzalou » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi all,
I live in France and was diagnosed by my French GP last October. I am on Pregabalin and Duloxetine. I am having a bad week, day 4 of feeling awful. Does anyone else suffer with painful eye sockets and pain at back of eyeballs? Also I have patches of dry sore skin in various places on my body and I get sores at thru top of my back. Does anyone else have skin problems with Fibro? Thanks for reading.
Cazzalou
UKFM Newbie

Re: Eyes and Skin

Postby Pharaoh66 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Hello,

I can certainly relate to the eye issues. My eyes sometimes feel as though they are being forced out of the sockets. There's a huge build up of pressure behind them and it's painful and annoying. I just want to ease the pressure.
I don't get sores but my skin gets very dry and flaky especially on my face and, oddly enough, my feet.
I don't know if those are FM issues but they certainly bug the life out of me!
Pharaoh66
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi Cazzalou,

Eyes, constant problems. If it isn't not being able to focus, even with my glasses on, it is dry eyes, burning eyes, pressure behind the eyes, visual migraines, pain...almost like a needle being inserted into the eye, and eye muscle strain...so even turning my eyes to look at something hurts. I hate to say it, but I think it is all part and parcel of the condition.

As for skin issues, no, not really. I do wonder if any of your medications could be causing it....or, not being funny, the winter weather...finally, have you changed soaps? Detergent? Anything of that nature recently? Also, have you changed or worn another fabric type that could cause irritations? So, just food for thought on that one, but others may have different ideas.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:06 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Cazzalou :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

The things that you are experiencing with your skin and eyes can possibly be related to FM. They can also be stand~alone issues, so it might be worth considering having them checked out, just to be sure that there isn't anything else at work and causing the problems.

With FM affecting muscles and soft tissue, it could be the reason behind your eye pain. Also, the effects of medication can cause eyes to be dry and sore, which could also be contributing to what you are feeling. Using artificial tears/eye gel or drops can help ease things if dryness could be part of the problem, but seek advice rather than just starting to use something so you can be as sure as you can be that it is suitable for you.

The drying effect of medication can also contribute to skin issues. This is something which affects me, plus I have always had very sensitive skin and have to be careful what I use in the bath/shower, for washing my hands etc etc.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby rubes » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes for both :(
I can only shower using DERMOL.
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Cazzalou wrote:Hi all,
I live in France and was diagnosed by my French GP last October. I am on Pregabalin and Duloxetine. I am having a bad week, day 4 of feeling awful. Does anyone else suffer with painful eye sockets and pain at back of eyeballs? Also I have patches of dry sore skin in various places on my body and I get sores at thru top of my back. Does anyone else have skin problems with Fibro? Thanks for reading.

Yes and yes!

I wear all my clothes inside out, seek out seamless leggins and dance clothes, soft lose t shirts etc, even knickers, rarely go out, just aswell lol Although I am sure I have the 'eccentric woman in black' tag from delivery firms and neighbours ;)

I have frusibet cream to keep the skin under control, I scar badly. Years ago it was diagnosed with Hydes. Various elements have been diagnosed separately over the last 30 years ending with Fibro. Need to go get your eyes checked though, incase its occular hypertension (I have it only slightly above normal and never did anything and now my optic nerves are damaged) still have the hot overfull eyeball feeling even though the drops now keep my intraoccular pressure down to 10/11.

Get checked out :)
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:15 pm

I wake up at least 3 times a night for toilet and I literally have to feel my way there the pain in my eyes is so acute if I try to open them.like being stabbed by pins.
I have noticed blurryiness sometimes during day but I put that down to spending my days reading and watching tv as I'm agorophobic.
I don't have any skin problems.........yet!! :roll:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby jacquimacqui » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi!

Diagnosed in December, I have had previous skin problems (itching, dry skin, sensitivity to lots of things).The itching is most severe after showering/bathing, when I come to dry myself. My skin feels like its on fire as I rub myself with a towel. The itching was so intense, I thought something was under my skin. Now I wrap myself in a towel and dry naturally. I can no longer apply moisturisers, not even E45, as it stings.

Newer symptoms are welts, almost like blisters caused by pressure. These are VERY painful and sting, they last about 24 hrs. they form on my hands, after peeling vegetables,washing or drying up without rubber gloves and now the gloves themselves. Also my shoulder when my physio taped it to relieve pressure on a nerve. Gratefully, I was able to remove the tap but had to continue putting up with the pain.

I dont wear tights of any kind, cos to me they feel they get stuck to my legs. At home I am happy to be in a nightshirt and dressing gown and barefooted. I have a small selection of 'comfortable' clothes I wear to work and I hardly go anywhere else.

Dont give in to any of it, always try to find a way around things. I hope you do.

Odls
jacquimacqui
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:27 pm

jacquimacqui wrote:Hi!

Newer symptoms are welts, almost like blisters caused by pressure. These are VERY painful and sting, they last about 24 hrs. they form on my hands, after peeling vegetables,washing or drying up without rubber gloves and now the gloves themselves. Also my shoulder when my physio taped it to relieve pressure on a nerve. Gratefully, I was able to remove the tap but had to continue putting up with the pain.

Odls

Good to see someone who can relate to me (although not good in another way)

I also suffer from delayed pressure hives, but since I was diagnosed 5 years back things have got worse and I now react to heat / hormonal changes & stress.

ATM I have a huge hive on my arm from holding my granddaughter. Its her head that leant on my arm! :shock:

I have trigger point therapy and the hives come up big time from that!

I unfortunately also now suffer from Angioedema which is associated to the hives.

I am waiting for an appointment at a specialst hospital (Addenbrooks in Cambridge) for further investigations.

I also get the dry skin, the intense itching to point where you scratch so much the skin bleeds!

very sensitive skin.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia