Right leg pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Right leg pain

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi , having a tough time with my upper right leg at moment , for a couple of months now it's been really tight , and don't seem to want to relax ,the pain goes into my buttock too, anyone got any remedies or ideas ? Does fibro attack one place sometimes?
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Right leg pain

Postby coletalbot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Sounds as though you may have sciatica, It can start in the middle of your pelvis at the back, then the middle of your buttock, then along the top of your thigh bone, over the top of your knee and it can go down your calf and around the ankle. You can have all of it or just parts. The last couple of days mine has just been in the buttock.
coletalbot
UKFM Member

Postby Bev P » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:37 pm

I have been suffering similar symptoms in left leg. Pain started in my left buttock but travelled down outer thigh to below my knee. Feels like tight muscle which wont relax. I have had xrays, MRI scan but results have all came back normal. My doctor first diagnosed Sciatica, then Trochanteric Bursitis. I have had cortisone injections and Physiotherapy which included massage and traction but this made matters worse so was stopped at 7 wks into it. Still no further on my own doctor seems to now think Fibromyalgia but hospital consultant reckons its nerve problem. I find it difficult to bend or squat down as pain in buttock is so severe
Bev P
UKFM Newbie

Postby Mk1divemaster » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:33 pm

Don't think it's sciatica ,the pain is in the back of my leg not the side of it , thanks for replies
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby pad all » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi only just seen your question so I know it was a while back now. The pain you describe sounds more like hamstring muscle pain. Are you doing muscle stretching exercises every day on your legs? I had a trapped sciatic nerve in the left side and leg. GP was of no help and I happened to go to a Bowen technique practitioner. This person untrapped the nerve and I have had no trouble since.
pad all
UKFM Member

Postby Sally Mapes » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi, I agree with the leg stretches. I do them every day now otherwise I suffer terribly from cramp like pain which leads to sciatica type pain. I also find it helps to keep the circulation flowing. Try to walk, even a little each day, and hopefully build up a good 20 minutes. In the meantime, keep your muscles warm with a hot water bottle. Good luck and hope you see some improvement soon. :-D
Sally Mapes
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia