Raynaud and FM CFS/ME

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Raynaud and FM CFS/ME

Postby Billie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Another question..... Anyone know if Raynaud's is a common factor when you have FM and CFS/ME? I have experienced the 'white dead' fingers for a number of years, but of late it seems much worse. Any comments appreciated, thanks :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Re: Raynaud and FM CFS/ME

Postby Treece » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi Billie

I will be interested to see how many with FM will also have Raynards.... I have visited my GP loads of times and mentioned my fingers and toes going white and numb... never has it been linked.

kindest regards
Treece
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby Billie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Interested too! We'll see how many post replies. Thanks for your reply, it is a nuisance the numbness! :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Postby lil-burkie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:33 pm

I have raynauds ... Been suffering for years but only recently been told what it is. I have it in my hands and breasts. Believe me, when its bad I cant even put a bra or tshirt on they get that bad. I have read that it is more common in people with fibromyalgia. Just another secondary illness to add to the list xx
lil-burkie
UKFM Member

Postby Billie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:42 pm

lil-burkie wrote:I have raynauds ... Been suffering for years but only recently been told what it is. I have it in my hands and breasts. Believe me, when its bad I cant even put a bra or tshirt on they get that bad. I have read that it is more common in people with fibromyalgia. Just another secondary illness to add to the list xx

Oh joy! As if we need anything else to add to the list! Thanks for your reply. I feel your pain :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Postby Saffie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello

Yes, I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago, having suffered with it for several years before it was diagnosed and now I have just been diagnosed with Raynaud's. I have had white fingers and toes for about 2 years now but in the last year it has been a lot worse. Having recently changed doctors, I seem to be getting a little more care and am now awaiting the results of blood tests.
Saffie
UKFM Member

Postby Billie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:22 pm

Saffie wrote:Hello

Yes, I was diagnosed with FM 3 years ago, having suffered with it for several years before it was diagnosed and now I have just been diagnosed with Raynaud's. I have had white fingers and toes for about 2 years now but in the last year it has been a lot worse. Having recently changed doctors, I seem to be getting a little more care and am now awaiting the results of blood tests.

Hi, That sounds encouraging, you'll need to let me know what treatment you receive and if it helps you. Thanks for your reply :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Postby lynngoetze » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:14 pm

I have Raynauds since childhood although only got a confirmed diagnosis on same day as FM be interesting to know if there's a link
lynngoetze
UKFM Newbie

Postby Billie » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 pm

lynngoetze wrote:I have Raynauds since childhood although only got a confirmed diagnosis on same day as FM be interesting to know if there's a link

Looking like a common 'link' so far, as lots have it along with FM. Thanks fornyur reply. :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:03 pm

It is thought that there could be an association between FM, Raynauds and CFS/ME as there do seem to be an increasing number of people being dx'd with them. However, this evidence is anecdotal at best, and research is needed in this area {as well as in all the other areas of FM} for a definite answer xx

If you want to read more about others who have been told they have both conditions, try using the search function in the top right corner of each page. It will throw up all references to Raynauds going back to when the forum was set up and could have some useful info for you xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Billie » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:08 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:It is thought that there could be an association between FM, Raynauds and CFS/ME as there do seem to be an increasing number of people being dx'd with them. However, this evidence is anecdotal at best, and research is needed in this area {as well as in all the other areas of FM} for a definite answer xx

If you want to read more about others who have been told they have both conditions, try using the search function in the top right corner of each page. It will throw up all references to Raynauds going back to when the forum was set up and could have some useful info for you xx

Thank you, I will look at the information. Thanks for your reply :0)
Billie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia