Full time work = too much

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Full time work = too much

Postby doim86 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:42 am

Hi all

I only seem to pop on here when I want to have a rant!

I'm not doing very well at trying to hold down a 40 hour a week job. I get to Wednesday and I'm exhausted. This morning when my alarm went off it was like the tiredness was in all my bones and I could hardly move. I've had 10 days off since the start of the year and I can't see a way out.

I've looked into all the benefits and ESA plus Housing benefit would just about cover the rent. So where am I supposed to get money to eat, cover the bills, pay for the car (which I couldn't live without as I can hardly walk some days as it is!) and have something of a half decent social life?

Those of us cursed with such illnesses are screwed. I fear I will lose this job pretty quickly which will leave me without a home. They won't reduce my hours and the thought of leaving a job that pays me so much for something that would pay half that leaves me feeling worthless.

Sigh.
doim86
UKFM Newbie

Re: Full time work = too much

Postby galio » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:59 pm

have you looked into pip, after 3 years of denial and cutting my hours I am now needing to cut hours again and my sons disability advisor has been nagging me to apply for pip for the last 3 years, I have now sent for the forms and she is going to help me fill them in, hopefully if i get anything from them i can afford to drop hours, I am just looking at the care component not the mobility bit, but it sounds like you could qualify for both, see if there is a disability action group near by or even citizens advice group that can help you with the paper work, as its rather tricky and remeber if you do claim tell them about the worst days not the good ones. you can also claim ESA and any other benifits triggerd by the ESA are not affected by pip as they cant take that into account as part of any income based assesments.
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia