Quick PIP question

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Quick PIP question

Postby Jibba Jabba » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:12 am

I am really struggling with work now and was wondering, if I applied for PIP would it be like opening a whole can of worms? Ideally, I'd like to apply and, depending on the outcome and whether I feel up to it, either appeal or abandon the application> But are you "on their books" forever?

TIA

Julie
Jibba Jabba
UKFM Member

Re: Quick PIP question

Postby jamster » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 am

I applied for pip but i could still wipe my own ass and touch my toes and i was turned down but have lots of pain most days they dont understand :oops:
jamster
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 am

I just received my forms today and am going to a disability action group tomorrow they are going to help me fill them in. my son had to appeal his DLA and now he has been changed to pip has again had to appeal it as they have downgraded his mobility and he has lost his motability car, his appeal is in 2 weeks time. (he has hypermobility syndrome and uses crutches a lot or a walking stick other wise he has also just been diagnosed with fibro)
galio
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:22 am

The important thing to remember is that PIP, like DLA, is not a work related benefit, you can claim it whether you are in work or not. The benefit amounts are there to help with the costs of living life with disability where you can evidence that either your mobility, or daily living activities, or both, are impacted by functional disability brought about by I'll health.

If you feel that you can evidence how you meet the applicable descriptors and support that with medical opinion, then you should certainly apply.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia