fibro symptoms? advice please?? x

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro symptoms? advice please?? x

Postby leigh98 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:36 am

hi, I haven't yet been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia but am 99 percent sure that I do suffer this condition, just awaiting a rheumatologist app, after countless doctors appointments! my symptoms are as follows- headaches, numbness in hands and feet, pins and needles in hands and feet/legs, joint pain especially my back,hips,knees, a burning stinging type muscle pain in my neck and shoulders, muscle pain all over, twitching-started in my eye and then spread allover, forgetfulness, extreme fatigue, anxiety, depression, a heat sensation in 1 leg-sort of feels very warm in patches, less coordination on my left side than usual, I have gained weight too ,I suffer random burning sharp type pains all over,and am sensitive to the touch-ie-my child touched my arm and it hurt a little bit,which I thought was unusual,ive also noticed I have 1 droopy eyelid!. I was diagnosed with a severe vitamin d and calcium deficiency last year and was prescribed high strength vitamins which had no effect on my symptoms. I am currently taking duloxetine for depression and muscle pain, I just wondered if anyone else thinks I have this condition? and what can I do to feel a bit better? any advice greatly appreciated, thanks for reading x
Last edited by leigh98 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibro symptoms? advice please?? x

Postby leigh98 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:38 am

does any1 else with fibro suffer these symptoms? x
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 am

Hi leigh,

I'm sorry to hear about how you're struggling. The problem is that their are so many symptoms for fibro that it's very difficult to say. Have you had any scans/blood tests or anything? I've never heard of a one sided lack of coordination, more a complete lack of coordination. That combined with the droopy eye lid suggests neurological issues to me but I have to say that's my opinion and I'm in no way medically qualified at all. I'm sure there's someone on here who has experienced it though, as I said, the symptoms are so varied it's impossible to remember them all!
The others sound like typical fibro though. I really hope you get what you want from your appointment.

Good luck and gentle hugs xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby leigh98 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:21 am

thanks for your reply, ive had blood tests for many different things and a neurological examination , all tests fine apart from vit d deficiency, I am awaiting my rheumatologist appointment , hoping for some answers there..my symptoms initially started at the same time as a terrible virus I had and couldn't shift for weeks,i was also pregnant at the time the reduced coordination is not very apparent to be honest, I have only noticed as I was trying to teach my daughter some dance steps, and noticed I was much slower than I used to be on my left side, that said , this maybe normal as im right handed and not practiced dance for 15 years! lol. I have suffered the same symptoms for over a year now and just want to know whats wrong with me really xx
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:33 am

I can completely understand the need to know what's wrong with you, I spent 3 years trying to find out before I finally got diagnosed. It was horrible knowing there's something wrong but not knowing what. I really hope you find your answers quickly so you can learn to accept/live with your symptoms as best as you can xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby leigh98 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:04 pm

thanks hun, I hope the rheumatologist does give me some answers.. I hate feeling like I do,when I have a family to look after, im so tired all the time and in pain :(..I have googled my symptoms and fibro seems to come up the most, followed by lyme disease but I don't remember a rash, and also ME, MG and MS although the doc said he was almost certain I didn't have MS as I origionally went to see him fearing I had MS or ALS due to the constant twitches , numbness and pins and needles, thanks so much for your replys, I hope u are doing ok xx
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Postby leigh98 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 pm

oh, I did forget to mention aswell I suffer tremors, and sort of vibrating tht I can feel on the inside but not see on the outside, I get really cold most of the time, but occasionally hot, sweating all the time, palpitations (maybe due to anxiety though) a weak trembly voice on occasion, ringing in my ears, my knee keeps locking and cracking, when im worked up I sort of struggle to swallow my saliva when im talking and end up sort of stuck for a minute ,(sorry for tmi) x
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

I get that weird swallowing thing to! It's awful cos you have sort of half commited to it and you can't go backwards or follow through. It only lasts a few seconds but it feels like ages cos I can't take a breath in when it happens. I haven't noticed a particular thing that causes it, it seems random to me. To be honest I just thought it was me being weird lol I didn't realise people were getting something similar.

I'm ok hun thank you. I've been having increased pain since November ish which isnt ideal but I'm trying to cope as best as I can. By the way, if you are on Facebook it's worth checking out the UKFibromyalgia page cos I think you've had replies on there to. Always best to get as broad a range of answers as you can I think.

How old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking? You sound younger like me. I'm 27, I suspect you may be younger? Feel free to PM me anytime if you need some help/advice/moan etc. I don't mind and it helps to speak to people who understand. By the way this isn't some weird attempted pick up just incase you're worried, I'm female and very straight lol.

Take care xx
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby leigh98 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:16 am

haha, don't worry I didn't suspect u were trying to hit on me lol, im 27 too hun,with 5 kids to look after, simple tasks are taking so much energy out of me at the minute, I have bought some magnesium and been taking that, along with loads of other vitamins, hoping it might help! good to chat to someone , so thanks :), im sick of people thinking im been lazy when I had so much energy before so hopefully a diagnosis will stop that. and oh, I didn't realise it would be on facebook ill deffo check it out thanks so much hun xx
leigh98
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia