Carrying things

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Carrying things

Postby Jasminetokyo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:13 am

Hello! I am lucky to be well enough to study journalism part time at uni despite suffering from fibro, anxiety and depression. One of the biggest hurdles I have with my education is carrying all my books around. There are no lockers/storage facilities on campus so twice a week I have to haul all my books to and from uni in my giant backpack.
One of my worst pain areas is my shoulders and arms, and this morning my arms are so bad that I cannot lift them. I know wearing my extremely heavy backpack is not helping the situation!
I'm 25 and really love fashion and looking my best, so the thought of moving to a trolley type bag is very undesirable.
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way for fibro sufferers to carry heavy loads?
Jasminetokyo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Carrying things

Postby Jkfrogg » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:30 am

Hi i have same problem but now i have box on wheels it is great for moving my stuff about
Jkfrogg
UKFM Newbie

Postby florence111 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:36 am

What about something like this....? http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/N ... 49726.html

Or maybe get a box, as has been mentioned, and pimp it up so its unique ?
florence111
UKFM Newbie

Postby jamimo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 pm

Unfortunately FM can be quite limiting. I personally struggle to carry anything so I have to use a variety of aids .

In the house my washing basket is on wheels, I use a trolley bag for swimming, I have a shopping bag with 4 wheels on the bottom so as I walk the bag moves with me (as I can't walk very far I have many uses for this especially moving things around the house.)

All my bags are brightly coloured with spots, flowers, and different patterns and my 33yrs old daughter will happily use them as well.
You can get so many types of bag these days on wheels in so many colours and designs I'm pretty sure you can find 1 to suit you.

When I did a college course a few years ago my daughter bought me a luggage trolley which I just strapped my bag onto. The tutors use to use boxes on wheels. When I go to aqua aerobics we all use trolley bags now you will be surprised how many people will start using them once you start even able bodied.

I certainly wouldn't struggle if I didn't need to my children never worry about what to buy me for birthdays, mothers day etc they just buy me another bright and colourful bag. My walking sticks are the same brightly coloured with flowers, spots, glittery patterns again if I have to use 1 why not let it be bright and to match your outfit.
jamimo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia