Developing my baking skills

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Developing my baking skills

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Last April I bought a wooden spoon for the first time and challenged myself to learn to bake. I've enjoyed learning and blogging about life with fibromyalgia and trying new challenges.

http://clairescomfycorner.com/2016/02/1 ... scription/

I'm trying to not going to let fibro beat me!

Keep smiling :)
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Developing my baking skills

Postby Lizardlace » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:48 am

I used to love baking, it has been so much harder lately though, currently the fatigue is beating me
Lizardlace
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:30 am

i have always loved baking and fibro is NOT going to stop me. I took 2 days to bake a cake last week, it was a comedy of errors, 1 got on floor to get ingredients out cupboard couldn't get up so off I crawled to the sitting room and used th sofa to help get up, then realised i had crawled right past the cupboard where the mixer was kept should of got it out while i was down there lol. now trying hard witht he pacing i rested for an hour before getting the mixer, managed somehow to get back up. had another rest, then weighed allthe ingredients pad put them in bowl and got cake tin greased and floured had another hours rest then went for it got eggs in and mixed it great fun trying to get it out the bow into the tins and into the oven, set timer didnt hear it go off hubbie asked what was in oven i told him nad never thought to check it was happily watching the chase when i smelt it burning! out onto cooker top and forgot again til li was getting ready for bed at which point i had to get it out the tin and wrapped up, then next day did icing for center and reasted then icing for top and thouroughly enjoyed the first slice!
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:45 am

I bet that slice tasted so good! It takes me ages to bake something too as I have to rest in between but the effort is worth it in the end :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia