What keeps you warm?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What keeps you warm?

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:18 am

Happy Friday

My temperature fluctuates - I'm either really hot or really cold, I can't control my body's temperature. I made this broth to keep me warm.

http://clairescomfycorner.com/2016/02/1 ... izo-broth/

What keep you warm?

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: What keeps you warm?

Postby bekwey » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi, awful isn't it :( I find that hot chocolate and Amaretto work for me on the inside, but I suffer really badly with my shins, so once they get cold, long socks, a fleece or towel wrapped round them and half an hour in bed seems to do the trick and stops the toothache type pain .Stay warm xx
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:28 pm

I love hot chocolate :-D And fluffy socks and snuggling with my cats whilst wrapped in a soft blanket :-) Then it's all thrown off a while later as I'm baking! The joy of fibro!
Have a lovely warm afternoon.
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:18 am

right now im sat heating off and in a walking shirt and jeans wondering how to cool down! I tend to wear walking gear the type that is supposed to keep you warm/cool and wick the sweat away as if im too hot and sweating i get chilled at the same time as being hot!I find base layers help with this, fibro and HMS both cause thermostat problems and just to be nice mother nature is throwing in hot flushes and menopause so now I dont know which is making me hot but know which isnt makeing me cold! as for gettnig cosy I have cosy walking socks and a wee fleece blanket for on ths sofa and i jsut curl up in middle the quilt folded in half on the bed during the day if i cant get warm
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Lizardlace » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:46 am

i find the best thing is a hot bath. I wore a jumper and coat throughout the summer and was freezing.
Lizardlace
UKFM Member

Postby Perfumeflower » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi,

I think there must be a common denominator amongst fibro sufferers..I'm the same as you Claire, love hot chocolate,all things fluffy and cuddling my cats. (I have two Russian Blues and two black)

However,me and my husband are just like Yin and Yang-when he's cold,I'm hot-when he's hot, I'm cold! :crazy: Our poor duvet gets thrown around the bed like nobody's business. I just can't seem to get comfortable. Either too hot or too cold.

Also, he says potarto, I say potayto-he says tomarto and I say tomayto :lol: :roll:

But getting back to the question, what keeps me warm?>it's a simple and rather cheesy answer-my husband,cos when he's hot I cuddle him and he keeps me warm ;-)

(I have just been thinking,which doesn't really happen that often! ;-) I have thought of a couple of new names for a group of fibro sufferers>>fibroettes or fibroees(pronounced the same as 'employees') Anyway..Ill just go and get my coat :crazy:

perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:42 pm

You have made me giggle! It's obvious that you love your husband, opposites attract :) May he keep you warm for a long time! I have 3 black cats, I love them, so naughty though! :)

Have a lovely weekend.

Claire
x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Perfumeflower » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi Claire,

Ah I'm glad I made you chuckle. :-) If I can make someone happy just by reading one of my posts then I know I have
done a good job :-D

Nevertheless,given I'm having a bit of a down day today with the pain and fatigue but at least they can't take our sense of humour away. I think it keeps me going in some daft way.

Your quite right about my hubby. Opposites do indeed attract. I do love him to bits and he has to live with my symptoms as well but he is very patient and understanding! :-)

Have a great weekend too!

perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia