Pelvis Pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pelvis Pain

Postby Billie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Hello all
Just wondering if anyone has Pelvic pain with FM? I've never had this pain before, thought it was my hip at first, but now seems to be in my Pelvic area.
Thanks
Billie
UKFM Member

Re: Pelvis Pain

Postby SazzieB » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:09 am

Hi, I have pelvic pain. However, I did have Symphysis Pubis Disorder when I was pregnant and it never went away so maybe that but I do suffer in this area the most. My hip has also been playing up more recently too. Again, not sure if SPD or Fibro or new hip required! Happy days eh? Hope you get to the bottom of it soon xx
SazzieB
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen virgo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi, pelvic pain isn't a common symptom of fibro, please get it checked out wth your doctor to make sure it isn't anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby Billie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Billie wrote:Hello all
Just wondering if anyone has Pelvic pain with FM? I've never had this pain before, thought it was my hip at first, but now seems to be in my Pelvic area.
Thanks

Thank you all for your answers....have made an appointment to see my GP
Billie
UKFM Member

Postby littledotty76 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi
I too suffer with pelvic pain, horrendous on flare ups and before menstrual cycle.

Currently have steroid injections in the SI joints to help relieve symptoms. They work for around 2-3 weeks and ease the pain but don't completely free me from it.
littledotty76
UKFM Newbie

Postby heather trippett » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 am

hi who can decide you need steroid injections in trigger point is it a gp or a rheumotologist or neither ive seen online the injection of steroids really eases pain plz reply thanxs
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Postby Lizardlace » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:43 am

Hi I have chronic sacrolliac joint pain and chronic pelvic pain along with hip pain and sciatica. It is rather unpleasant. I had both for years prior to fibro diagnosis
Lizardlace
UKFM Member

Postby Perfumeflower » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:59 pm

heather trippett wrote:hi who can decide you need steroid injections in trigger point is it a gp or a rheumotologist or neither ive seen online the injection of steroids really eases pain plz reply thanxs

Hi,

Most referrals are nearly always dealt with through your GP. However,if you are seeing your Rheumy then you can also ask him/her to refer you to the Pain Management Clinic at your chosen hospital.

After examination they will book an appointment for you to be referred to Radiology/Ultrasound where you will be seen by a Sonographer(or Ultrasound Technician) who will administer the injection whilst undertaking the scan as he/she will target the injection in the area of where the pain is...

...my husband has just had this same procedure undertaken for groin pain. He has a suspected torn ligament which was originally thought to be a hernia. A torn ligament is very painful. Hence why he had to have the trigger point injection. As normal pain killers weren't even killing the pain.

Hope this helps..

perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Postby Dizzikitty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Hiya

Just jumping in, I had pelvic pain long before all of the other symptoms of fibro. I will say that after five years of pushing various docs, I went to a new GP at uni and he took one look and yelled endometriosis! For me that was it- three surgeries and more meds I've got it under control.

Saying that- ask your GP- I've worked in gynaecology and I would say don't just assume it's fibro. It could be linked to a cyst, endo, painful periods or pcos. Any number of things. They will be able to look objectively at it :)

Now I'm wishing getting a rheumatology referral was as easy as getting a gynae appointment.

Good luck
Clare
Dizzikitty
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia