numb, cold and driving me mad

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

numb, cold and driving me mad

Postby Butterfly8588 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:54 am

Hi guys,

The last 6 weeks or so my fingers and toes have been very very painful. They are constantly cold, I can barely warm them up, they sometimes go numb and they are so damn painful. I've had problems keeping my hands and feet warm for a long time but this is something else! Last week I was walking somewhere when all of a sudden both my feet went completely numb! I thought I was going to fall over. After sitting down for a bit they did come back to me but I must admit it scared me a little.
I'm sat in bed with cold feet and painful toes but my fingers are toasty warm (just for a change) and yet they are so painful that any movement at all is awful and not recommended. During this time I've also noticed my fingers just aren't working very well. I've always been clumsy, even before my fibro so you can imagine how bad it is with it, but now I drop things constantly and my hands just don't do what I tell them to. It's actually driving me nuts, I do a tablet box for my dad and if I had a pound for every time a tablet or box got dropped then I'd be a very rich girl. I actually had to get my boyfriend to pop them out today because it was like a very painful game of pinball!
Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? And, more importantly, how do I make it better?

Gemtle hugs xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: numb, cold and driving me mad

Postby thoughtmatters » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 am

Could be a form of neuropathy we fibro people are prone to. Or Reynaud's Disease, which often goes alongside this syndrome.

Worth mentioning to your doctor as there are some medications which can help with it. (Unfortunately, there are some medications which make it worse, too.)

Good luck with it!
thoughtmatters
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi,
I have the same thing pretty bad at the moment- can type just about but holding a pen or driving not so much. I feel for you, it's hard, how strong we must be!!! Rest rest rest is the best I can do. Mine got worse from too much writing, housework, cleaning, chopping wood!, so my house was really tidy for a few days there...but now I can't do anything so it's a mess again! :lol: A hot bath is always helpful..,followed by hot ginger muscle rub cream, takes the edge off. Best wishes and sighs of frustration all round. (stifling the screams of despair, how lucky am I to have such a wonderful husband etc.)
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:57 pm

I've actually just lost grip of a heavy glass pan lid and it dropped onto my already very painful knee, so agony and tears, and CLEARLY I'M SO EXHAUSTED AND I NEED TO REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but who can always rest when they need to when there's children to feed and nag and bath and clear up after. Exhaustion clearly makes everything worse. Rage and pain and irritable and PMT!!!!!!!! This pain in itself is flippin' exhausting. Bath for me and sleep. Flippin' early morning school preparations are killing me, and it's only day 4 into the new term. :yikes:
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Postby heather trippett » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 am

hi every1 yep get this in my toes allways worse in winter toes so numb and white and very painful 3 pairs of thick socks n a water bottle still dont help it just makes ur both feet like uve put em in a wasps nest wiv some very angy wasps AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH :yikes:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia