why do doctors think im crazy¡¡¡¡

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

why do doctors think im crazy¡¡¡¡

Postby heather trippett » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:54 am

my doctors surgery is in wales uk many of the doctors i have seen and thats alot over the years as soon as i mention i have fm that has been diagnosed by a consutant rheumatologist they just roll there eyes at me as though its not real others blank me completly and others just give me a perscription for morphine and pretty much chase me out of there room none of them care or believe in fm/cfs i feel that the US has a better understanding of fm/cfs and doctors that are knowledgable of fm/cfs than here in the UK . got to stop writing my hand is pulsating :cry:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Re: why do doctors think im crazy¡¡¡¡

Postby alcmsx » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:48 am

You are not crazy I've had the same look as I was diagnosed in Spain, let them roll their eyes here in UK, I just research online now as realise its the only way am going to get answers x Your not alone x
alcmsx
UKFM Newbie

Postby thoughtmatters » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 am

My doctor recently told me that most fibro people suffer from mental illness (true in part - up to 25% of us have depression. I don't.)
And that if I just got to the root of all my problems my pain would go away.

Nothing like blaming the patient for their illness...
thoughtmatters
UKFM Member

Postby Tired18 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi
After hearing about the problems have with their GP and Fibromyalgia, I must be one of the few who has a very supportive Doctor
Ask yours to refer you back to the Hospital, even if you see a different Consultant, they will have access to your notes and hopefully give you the support you need.
Unfortunately the only medication for FM is pain killers and antidepressants, I'm on a BUTrans Patch and it's great just keeps the majority of the pain under control
Tired18
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:31 pm

I havnt seen a dr for nearly 3 years.i felt they had no time for me whatsoever. Painkillers and anti depressants were all they offered which made me gain over 3 stone in 3 months.i am now housebound and live from day to day. :evil:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby heather trippett » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:23 am

thanks :-D for the feedback ever1 im pretty much housbound to got myself a mobility scooter can get around on it on good days aslong as my partners with me got a stairlift a little piece of heaven in my life :-) well ive decided to ask gp to try amatrptilie :?: my gp will no doubt write the prescription 4 it n more oromorph and yet again litrelly but wellmannerer push me or rush me out the room wont look at me wont question me or as i said b4 think im nuts :too-upset: :pull-hair:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia