London clinic

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

London clinic

Postby tintagel » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:37 am

Hi, having a dreadful flare, (not that I'm ever pain free) with new symptoms again this time, ears really effecting me and probably causing me more distress and disability than the bodywide pain. Can't take lyrica or gaberpentine and local rheumy no help at all. In a few weeks I'm fortunate enough to inherit a small amount of money. All I want is to sort out these ears, and some of the pain (nothing seems to work) Have seen a drug that can be sought privately from the London FMS clinic. However, I can find their website but nothing on it seems to work, I cant find it via yell.com either. Does anybody have any knowledge of this clinic or contact details for it (please don't let it be gone).
Any help would be so appreciated.
Gentle Hugs to you all xxx
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: London clinic

Postby thesse » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:58 am

Do you have the generic name of the drug or the brand name? If you can tell us we might be able to find it, also you could ask your GP if they have heard of it.

xx
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby tintagel » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:03 pm

The drug is flupirtine, I know it's only available on private prescription in this country and that liver function has to be closely monitored when taking it.
Thanks. x
tintagel
UKFM Member

Postby sandiepandie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:33 pm

I've had fibro for over 20 years now. I'm virtually wheelchair bound. I cannot walk without excruciating pain, have terrible muscle spasms ( my consultant called them horrific), so do understand about pain.

MyselfI pain consultant has said that there is no drug that will relieve our pain. Sadly it's the nature of the beast we bear. I've tried far too many over the years and am now taking amitryptiline at night only, to help get some sleep. It doesn't relieve the pain but does allow me a couple of hours a nigh deep.

Sorry to sound the voice of doom, but spend your money on something more fun.

I know how desperate pain can make us, but truly, speak to your pain consultant first. Private clinics want your money and will dish meds like sweeties.
sandiepandie
UKFM Member

Postby chris85 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:52 pm

The clinic is on Harley street, it isn't gone. It is run by a man called Chris Jenner who I've found to be very amicable. I think they do the flupirtine, but it will be pricey as will not be NHS.

I don't actually believe there is no point in trying as the other comment said. I've read about many people with fibro getting substantial and meaningful relief with drug therapies. It just doesn't happen for all people. So far I've tried lyrica and that isn't happening for me. I'd be interested in trying flurpirtine later on, but it's cymbalta first for me. There is also quite a few people getting much relief from low dose naltrexone and good old wacky backy.

I'm sorry if your stuck in pain and the medicines have failed, your not the first person and most unfortunately won't be the last.
chris85
UKFM Newbie

Postby tintagel » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am

Many thanks chris85 for your most helpful reply. I will search out this clinic when I am in a position to afford it. x
tintagel
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

http://www.thefibroclinic.com/

Theres the website which also gives prices.

I went many years back under the professor davies.

Hope you can work out a plan for yourself to relieve some of the symptoms
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby heather trippett » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:05 am

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: dr chris jenner fm clinic london just looked on website how much he charges does this man know how much people on benefits, oaps ,students actually get his prices are way to high n evev higher for those who work .WOW this dr chris jenner has found a gap in the medical field and is exploiting it :cry:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia