Delicious leg of lamb in the slow cooker recipe

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Delicious leg of lamb in the slow cooker recipe

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Thank goodness for the weekend! Here is an easy recipe that lets the slow cooker do all the work while you relax :)

http://clairescomfycorner.com/2016/03/1 ... nd-garlic/

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Delicious leg of lamb in the slow cooker recipe

Postby Perfumeflower » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi,

This recipe looks absolutely delicious Claire! :-)

I'm going to try to use this recipe for a change for Easter weekend! Instead of cooking a traditional lamb roast.

There's just one question if I may..I have one of those ceramic slow cookers and I have just been reading on your blog that you don't need to add any liquid to the lamb. I would just be a bit worried about the lamb drying out too much.Or the cooker! My family would love some sort of gravy or sauce to go with the lamb and I am sure they will also want to smother mint jelly over their meat. My husband mainly as he is crazy about mint jelly. He doesn't like mint sauce! :crazy: :lol:

I have always cooked chicken,beef and lamb casseroles and soups etc as these are made using some form of liquid or water but I have never attempted to cook something 'dry' in the cooker.I have found that even when cooking these recipes the liquid has evaporated or dried out so that I have to add more liquid to the cooker pot.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Re: Delicious leg of lamb in the slow cooker recipe

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi :)

It really is delicious! Honestly the lamb produces enough liquid on its own, I do the similar with a joint of beef but I add a few inches of water to make gravy. If you are worried about it add a little water. I always add liquid to my casseroles too.

I love mint sauce too!

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia