I don't want fibro to dominate my life

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I don't want fibro to dominate my life

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:31 am

Happy Friday :-D

I blog about living with Fibromyalgia. I want to raise awareness about what it is like to live with this chronic invisible illness. I started blogging nearly a year ago and I challenged myself to learn to cook and bake, as well as trying to learn other things. I've really enjoyed blogging about my little challenges and at the same time raising awareness about fibromyalgia. I try to keep positive as I've only got one life and I don't want fibro to dominate it! I try to find something positive in my day. Some days are better than others, even as I type this I'm lying on the sofa in pain. But I will try and do something, even if it is a little colouring in my colour therapy book.

I live on my own with my cats and interacting with my regular blog readers keeps me going. You are great company :-D Thank you!
Thank you for sharing my blog posts with your family and friends too.

Here is my latest blog post:

http://clairescomfycorner.com/2016/04/0 ... ato-skins/

Keep smiling :)
Claire
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: I don't want fibro to dominate my life

Postby fatalrazkaz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 am

Link just takes me to a recipe for potato skins ?
fatalrazkaz
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 am

Hi, that's my latest blog post. I've been learning to cook this past year :) x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Banjonic » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:27 am

Morning :)
A lovely inspirational post, hope you have a great day :)
Banjonic
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 am

Thank you Banjonic :-D

Have a fab day! The sun is shining here in London, I hope that lasts :-)

Keep smiling
Claire
xx
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby nettyandmasey » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello I'm a newbie on here!

Like you with your cooking I am teaching my self new things by doing an OU degree. A challenge and have learnt that its unwise to do a course with an exam! Especially if it is another language! Yes I had to take the dam thing twice but I finally didn't probably by the skin of my teeth but>

All of us have our different goals and challenges and its great to see someone else flying in the face of adversity too.I was a cook as a job so understand the challenge!

Nettyandmasey
nettyandmasey
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks for your response :-D Welcome to the forums :welcome: We have to keep trying to challenge ourselves when we can and not give up! Well done that you kept going! That's a great achievement and you should feel really proud of yourself :-)

Have a lovely weekend!

Claire
xx
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Topcat0001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi

Your blog is really interesting.

Some of those recipes look amazing too I willl be trying them :) I am not so sure I have fibro as I dont feel exhausted all the time and when I am I pout it down to lack of sleep, also I dont have pain everywhere all the time. Some of you on here sound really bad unless of course this is the start of it for me.

I have been trying to cook healthier recently but read an article about eating healthy can make pain worse!!! It was written by a GP with fibro and she said cutting out things like root vegetables and certain fruit had really improved her pain.
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi, thank you for your lovely comment.

Every person with fibro is different, some have more pain, some feel more fatigued. It is a very individual experience. Some people can work and some can't any longer. Personally as time goes on I'm finding it harder and harder to keep working. People who write articles about fibro also experience things differently - what works for one person may not work for another. It's finding what works for you that counts :-D

Keep smiling :-)

Claire
x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Topcat0001 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:40 pm

Thanks, I shall look forward to reading more of your blog :-)
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Topcat0001 wrote:Hi

Your blog is really interesting.

Some of those recipes look amazing too I willl be trying them :) I am not so sure I have fibro as I dont feel exhausted all the time and when I am I pout it down to lack of sleep, also I dont have pain everywhere all the time. Some of you on here sound really bad unless of course this is the start of it for me.

I'm not exhausted all the time, either, and my pain levels are such that I manage without medication other than over the counter painkillers. You could still have it, if you doctor rules out everything else, which is how I got the diagnosis. I'm actually very healthy and fairly fit apart from being in pretty much constant pain at one level or another in different places each day!
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia