Tinglings

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tinglings

Postby jip » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi...not been on the forum for a long time but have been reading posts...so hi to everyone....I just wondered if any other fibro buddies have experienced strange Tinglings/burning sensations or other wired sensations when having laptops/or pads on their laps?.I can tell if it's on or off..in blind tests.....my son finds amusement in this....but it is very uncomfortable.....anyone else out there?..Thanks Jane :-D
jip
UKFM Member

Re: Tinglings

Postby Christa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi, I have found a personal harmoniser from Dulwich Health. This helps protect from electromagnetic stress and it may help with the tingling when using electrical/electronic equipment. Weird and wonderful!
Christa
UKFM Newbie

Postby jip » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi...thanks Christa...is that what it is then? Is it common?....I'm suppose to be having a MRI scan....if I'm sensitive to this stuff I suppose I should mention it?....thanks again. Jane
jip
UKFM Member

Postby Christa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi Jane, I honestly don't know the answer, if it is the electromagnetics that cause the tinglings. Its best to mention the to you doctor in case it is something like pins and needles. I just know that my daughter had ME for nine years and the the computer kept crashing when she was using it. Her friend, also with ME, had a lot of problems with all types of electrical stuff, always breaking down. I bought both of them these harmonisers and the problems stopped when they were wearing them. I have tingling in my fingers but I forget to wear mine, brain fog, memory probs!

I have had MRI scans and they did not affect me at all. Hope your scan and the results are fine. Good luck :-)
Christa
UKFM Newbie

Postby jip » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi thanks for reply....that's interesting...i. Make computers crash a lot..I'm on pad atm...it's crashed about 6 times in last half an hour..my OH been on it an hour before and it's been fine...I get pain and burnining sensations as well as Tinglings not just in my hands..down my legs stomach chest..when I'm on it..and I have always had problems with electrics.....Iv had RA for 30years...Fibro for 15yrs...and I am exhausted and in pain all the time...whether I have ME I don't know....I will look into what you've said...thanks again...Jane
jip
UKFM Member

Postby Christa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Hi Jane, I personally would try the harmoniser, it certainly can't do any harm. Your experiences are just as described by my daughter and her friend.
I'm certain that fibro and ME are part of the same family of illnesses. We each just have different symptoms - all hard to live with. I didn't realise I had fibro until about three years ago. I had polymyalgia rheumatica for about seven years but my lovely rheumatologist didn't like the fibro diagnosis. When I think back I realise that I have had this since about 1987' the headaches, migraines, food intolerances, pain you know .....
Let me know how you get on please. Chris
Christa
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia