Feel like giving up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feel like giving up

Postby Darkskies91 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:29 pm

I am so so tired all the time. I can't express to friends and family how miserable I feel at the moment. My pain is at a maximum and my doctor right now isn't helping a lot.

I'm due to go back to work on Thursday and I'm terrified. I've been off for nearly 3 months now and I'm dreading having to go back and deal with the early start, travelling and then working.

How do people cope?
Darkskies91
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feel like giving up

Postby Joanne123321 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:58 pm

The person you are closest to, sit them down and tell them how you feel. Maybe get your doctor to refer you to a pain management clinic. Get yourself another sick note, don't worry about work. If the thought of going back to work is causing you to stress out then don't go back.
Joanne123321
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feel like giving up

Postby AlisonL » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 am

I was (am) feeling suicidal - not just about the fibro, lots of other s*** happening . My local NHS Adult Mental Health Team have been absolutely ace. Importantly to me, they have accepted that I don't want to take antidepressants. They have set me up with talking therapy and also access to a 24/7 team in case everything gets to much at 4 o'clock in the morning.
AlisonL
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia