Cant deal anymore

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cant deal anymore

Postby dinosaur » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:31 pm

I am really fed up with this now, i feel like i can't do this anymore. My fibre is bad it seems like i am having more bad days then good :( Im in pain 5 out of 7 days, am tired all the time and just want to cry! i feel like i have been in denial about how much it affects me, it was only when i was unable to complete my Gold Duke of Edinburgh practice a few weeks ago and now will not achieve my award as i have to do the practice and qualifying this year that it has kind of all dawned on me :( i knew it would be hard and i would suffer but i was not able to cope with the agony, which then made me unable to eat and in tears most of the time that i only managed 2 out of 4 days. i have been in almost constant pain for weeks now and nothing seems to be helping! all i want to do is cry i am fed up i can't see what else can be done to help.
dinosaur
UKFM Newbie

Re: Cant deal anymore

Postby sandiepandie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Yes you can.

Take a deep breath. Relax and just breath for a bit.

I have had fibro for 20 years. I used to swim miles, walk miles, run a youth group and a Sunday school. I worked full time.

I KNOW the frustration, pain, anger and unfairness of it all.

My life, like yours, has changed beyond recognition.

But it is a life - a different one. I'm much slower, can't walk outside the house, no longer work or do the things I used to.

I've learned to pace myself. Do things slower. I have a great social life in as much as I can. When able I meet friends for lunch.

You need help in learning how to re- manage your life.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Go to your GP. DEMAND a referral to PAIN MANAGEMENT. If they don't do it in your area - tell them to find you one in another area!! DONT take no for an answer. Take someone with you if you don't feel strong enough. They can help with medication; they can help with physio and they can teach you the ways you can help yourself.

It's not s magical cure. That's not here yet. But you can learn to cope and how to live through this.

We all have flare ups - which is what it sounds you are having at the moment - and we all despair and cry. They are bloody awful, miserable , painful and exhausting.

But you can and will get through it.

I can't do much but I hope my words can help.

Sandie x

NB EDIT 20/04 Spoke a friend today who is involved in youth work and D of E. He said that if you contact the D of E - you won't have to do the physical side if you are unable to do so. What they can do is arrange for you to do something else within your capabilities. It's not s problem as many people who are physically challenged and unable to do this part still do other things and get their awards.

Hope this helps
sandiepandie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia