Feel so alone and fed up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feel so alone and fed up

Postby Sue Fh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:55 am

My fibro symptoms change all the time. Recently they are a lot worse since coming of certain meds and going through the menopause. My partner thinks I just make things up and is bored with hearing how I feel. In the last 6 months I have had terrible palpitations went on betablockers for a while and had an ecg done at the hospital, also had internal tremors, shoulder/back pain,dizzy spells, headaches.
My gp puts it down to fibro/menopause. I was put on anti depresants but they made me feel really sick so I stopped them. At the moment I have terrible sore/dry eyes that sometimes twitch and they are very light sensitive. Also I have times where I feel like I cannot swallow.which has returned today. I have ringing in my ears that comes and goes, and in the last week I have bad facial pain and jaw pain, now eating soft food to help. I could go on and on with a long list, I just feel I am going completely mad and that no one understands me. Not sure what to do,if I could I would stay in bed all day.
Sue Fh
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feel so alone and fed up

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Sue Fh wrote:
Also I have times where I feel like I cannot swallow which has returned today. I have ringing in my ears that comes and goes, and in the last week I have bad facial pain and jaw pain, now eating soft food to help..

With these symptoms you may benefit from a mouthguard which your dentist can make for you. It helps relax Jaw & Neck & Throat muscles. It does not take all the tension away but helps significantly
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Sue Fh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Thanks. I have researched a lot about tmj, most of my pain seems to be during the day not at night. I am very stressed and think I tense my face a lot, also when talking a lot it does not help. I am taking Ibuprofen when the pain is bad, and have tried warm and cold treatment, and exercise for the jaw/face. Its better than last week and my teeth are not as sensitive. The ringing in my ears starts and stops when it first started a few months ago I had no face or jaw pain, my gp said it was from menopause or fibro. Its soooo confusing with so many symptoms coming and going all the time. I am sure you can all appreciate this, shame not everyone can.
Sue Fh
UKFM Newbie

Postby pad all » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi Sue. Just a thought. I have a lot of symptoms of FM on and off. I was advised to find a practitioner of the Bowen technique. I was lucky to find a local lady who is also a qualified medicinal herbalist as well. My main problem is with my legs now but at the time I was very ill. This lady got me back on my feet so to speak. I had a thorough examination and other problems were identified which she treated. Bowen is painless and she gave me other advice. I now attend a yoga class every week and have changed my diet. My mum had these symptoms so I know she had FM as well. Bowen is not a cure but is all about pain relief. It,s worth a try. Do ask how long the person has been practising.
pad all
UKFM Member

Postby Sue Fh » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 pm

Thank you I will look into that,sounds very interesting. Do you mind me asking what symptoms do you have and have had? What have you changed in your diet?
Sue Fh
UKFM Newbie

Postby woodkentrob » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:12 pm

...other symptoms often shield Fibromyalgia from view, yet still it's own symptoms worsen your overall suffering!
woodkentrob
UKFM Newbie

Postby Topcat0001 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Some of those symptoms (esp the not being able to swallow) sound like anxiety from all the stress

Try these drops for your eyes they are absolutely amazing :)

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... #container
Topcat0001
UKFM Member

Postby Sue Fh » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

Yes I think your right, I am very stressed at the moment which as you know only makes symptoms worse. The swallowing starts and then I cant stop thinking about it and become obsessed. Thanks for advice will try the eye drops, I will try anything to help :-D
Sue Fh
UKFM Newbie

Postby jip » Mon May 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi..I just wanted to say the random face/jaw in fact all weird head pains including tooth and nose pains and throat/kneck... was me 2years ago...I even had a extraction and loads of anti biotics from doc for synus probs....but then my dentist made me a lower jaw gum shield..after a week the relief was brilliant...like you the pain was in the day...but I was clenching while asleep and that was causing it..was on nhs ....so worth a try...Jane
jip
UKFM Member

Postby Rocky Seas » Mon May 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi all
i think the complete isolation this condition make you feel is almost as bad as the pain it's self, i feed up with the constant
"you were alright yesterday" or "I thought you were ill?" I almost feel guilty when I do have good day/s
to such a point that I almost try and hide how I feel now.
No one who does not suffer from FM will ever understand how it is.
In fact to parphase Forest Gump......FM is like a box of Chocolates "you never know what pain you are going to get til the day desides!
Rocky Seas
UKFM Newbie

Feel so alone and fed up

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 am

Hi sorry to hear how you are suffering.

Fibro is a very weird condition! It affects us all so differently. However I have to ask have you had referrals for the ringing in the ears and the jaw pain? It's easy for the dr to say it's just part of your fibro, but both of those could be other things going on. Fibro tends to have many other conditions along side and your Drs should be checking for these before saying that it is down to fibro (I have these symptoms but they're both caused by other things).

As for your husband, be patient with him. It's difficult for someone who doesn't have it themselves and hasn't had any family members with it to understand this condition.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia