Neck glands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neck glands

Postby tintagel » Mon May 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi, Does anyone else here ever have swollen lymph nodes just under their jawline. I have had one for 6 weeks now and as I had cancer many years ago am panicking. Started with a bad throat, but that only lasted a week. Node has not gone down though. Gp cant really shed any light, but knows nothing about fibro.
My 28 year old son died 6 weeks ago so in a dreadful state at the moment anyway. Struggling to cope with this extra worry as well.
Thankyou x
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Neck glands

Postby Grace56 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:51 am

Hi Tintagel. First, let me say how sorry I am for your loss. I can understand how you must he feeling right now. And this extra worry must be dreadful for you.
I have had swollen glands near my ears sometimes for no apparent reason. That is usually accompanied by a muzzy head and raw throat. I think it must be some kind of infection, and swollen glands are a result of your immune system fighting it.
You must be feeling very low atm and perhaps your body is not at its best to fight. Grief can have a terrible effect on ones physical wellness.

I'd go back to your GP and insist on tests to see what's going on. Especially considering your history.

I hope this helps you a little, Tintagel. Look after yourself and my best wishes to you and yours.

Grace.
Grace56
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia